+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

lakshgosain

Jan 20, 2020
Congratulations to everyone who received their PR cards!
My pictures were delivered to the Etobicoke office on April 1, 2021 by Xpresspost.
I have heard absolutely nothing since then. I have the application linked to my GCKey account but the status has been "Submitted" since day 1. There are no messages in the application.

I have been emailing any IRCC email I could find but have not gotten any response. What are my options? Is there anything that can be done other than waiting?

Applicant777

Sep 23, 2021
Congratulations to everyone who received their PR cards!
My pictures were delivered to the Etobicoke office on April 1, 2021 by Xpresspost.
I have heard absolutely nothing since then. I have the application linked to my GCKey account but the status has been "Submitted" since day 1. There are no messages in the application.

I have been emailing any IRCC email I could find but have not gotten any response. What are my options? Is there anything that can be done other than waiting?
I totally understand you, I have a similar case. Been waiting since April 6th. Not sure if you already tried emailing IRCC.ClientPortalPrairies-PrairiesClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. I emailed them twice and received a reply in 3-4 days stating there was a printing error producing card and I have to have my PR Online Portal created to upload a new photo, confirm mailing address and wait. I did that last week and now I am just waiting hoping they will mail it soon.

lakshgosain

Jan 20, 2020
I totally understand you, I have a similar case. Been waiting since April 6th. Not sure if you already tried emailing IRCC.ClientPortalPrairies-PrairiesClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. I emailed them twice and received a reply in 3-4 days stating there was a printing error producing card and I have to have my PR Online Portal created to upload a new photo, confirm mailing address and wait. I did that last week and now I am just waiting hoping they will mail it soon.
Just spoke with an agent over the phone and they informed that there was an error in production but they didn't tell me to resend the photos or anything. They told me that the error had been there since September and that I should have called sooner and it would have been caught and rectified. The agent shut up when I told her that I had been calling 2-3 times a week and each time I was told that they could not provide an update for PR Cards since it was not a priority.

She told me to wait and that the office will mail me the card directly. Also told me to check in after the holidays too see if it was mailed or not.

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
My Spouse's PR card delivered today. We have been asked to submit photos twice via email and to our surprise, they have used the hardcopy photo which we mailed to Etobicoke... :D Waiting for my PR card to see what photo they have used. LOL
Final update:
Got my PR card as well yesterday.

Reactions: joaliriano

hms2302

May 22, 2020
I do not receive any email, I just randomly checked my PR card application on GC key and noticed the status says 'Updated' but without any message. Is this GU ? VO Etobicoke, E-COPR on Nov 24th. Travelling on coming saturday.

sjy

Apr 2, 2017
GC key updated to "P.R card mailed to your address" on 10th December and received my P.R card on 14th Dec, but P.R portal still shows Photo in Review. and Current status for Permanent Residency Application in GC key still shows "Submitted". Any idea when does this changes to "Approved & Closed"?

mars26

Apr 20, 2020
Finally after 9 months I received my PR card yesterday!!!
CoPR: march 2nd
Photos sent: first week of April
Gcms notes: received in November (it said that my UCI number was incorrect, they made a mistake when they sent my copr)
Corrected CoPR: first week of December
2nd photos sent with corrected UCI: 4th December
First GU: Dec 14th
PR card mailed: dec 16th
PR card received: dec 21st

Im so happy finally this nightmare came to an end… if you have been waiting since so long, keep emailing, calling or request the gems notes. They ignored me for all this time and finally someone found out that was a mistake there..
good luck everyone, happy holidays

Reactions: CEC_Applicant

hms2302

May 22, 2020
Hello there,

I called IRCC regarding first GU (21nd Dec) on my pr card application. The agent told me that my edibility has passed.
I am wondering how long it takes to go into production? ECOPR on Nov 24th.

kas2304

Dec 22, 2021
Hi everyone, just giving my experience so far. Etobicoke is the office our application is with.

July 29th - invitation to portal
Aug 6th - ecopr (think we submitted the photos/declared we were in Canada on portal before this or if not it was very soon after this date)
Then no further updates.

Today (Dec 22nd) I called IRCC. I waited nearly an hour to speak to someone. Finally got through to someone who was really nice and looked at our file. Apparently it had been sent for production around Aug 10th but there had been an error on Aug 19th. She said she would notify the office, as it could only be fixed by notifying them which seems crazy and I'm wondering if I hadn't called what would have happened... would it just be sitting there for months?!
Anyway she said it can be a month before they action anything and to call back in mid-late January if we haven't heard anything. So we'll see when it actually turns up or if we have to supply anything new.

Very frustrating, but definitely worth trying calling if you haven't heard anything for ages. I know it's with mixed success. Fingers crossed everyone get's their cards soon!

Reactions: CEC_Applicant

Applicant777

Sep 23, 2021
Finally after 9 months I received my PR card yesterday!!!
CoPR: march 2nd
Photos sent: first week of April
Gcms notes: received in November (it said that my UCI number was incorrect, they made a mistake when they sent my copr)
Corrected CoPR: first week of December
2nd photos sent with corrected UCI: 4th December
First GU: Dec 14th
PR card mailed: dec 16th
PR card received: dec 21st

Im so happy finally this nightmare came to an end… if you have been waiting since so long, keep emailing, calling or request the gems notes. They ignored me for all this time and finally someone found out that was a mistake there..
good luck everyone, happy holidays
CONGRATS!!! Could you please confirm what city do you live in? I am from Toronto and I wonder how long does it take to receive the card from the date it was mailed.

Mill4one

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
CONGRATS!!! Could you please confirm what city do you live in? I am from Toronto and I wonder how long does it take to receive the card from the date it was mailed.
The card takes 3 Days. Max 5 days depends if it's mailed out before the weekend.