+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

rajesh417

Feb 6, 2020
I have sent the photos and COPR documents (1 applicant and 2 dependents) in one cover to the Etobicoke office and the courier reached the office on 24th March, 2021. Dependants received the PR cards on 27th Aug, 2021 but I haven't received my card and the status is still showing as submitted. I have raised webforms, tried to call the IRCC and even emailed to cic-etobicoke-landings@cic.gc.ca but no use. Could anyone suggest me on this?

Application Approved -- 2nd Feb, 2021
COPR received ---18th March, 2021
Photos reached Etobicoke --- 24th March, 2021
Recived GU1 -- 19th Aug, 2021

AmyChau811

Feb 18, 2021
Photo delivered April 6th and no updates since then. Tried calling and raising a web form with no success getting any update. Have you recieved an update that the card was approved and mailed? I believe SD works only when the card was mailed but never received.
I don't have any update because I was not able to link my application despite hundred attempts. I have called many times and they just said the card was in processed (it was in August). I called again 2 weeks ago and the agent was not helpful, she just said IRCC currently prioritized the Afghan refugees and told me not to make the call because PR card is not important now. I told her that I just need to know if my photo was approved or any updates but she refused to check for me.

bside229

Sep 10, 2021
eCOPR date: May 30th
PR Card mailed: September 28th
Received PR Card: October 4th

177 days, via the portal upload system. No ghost updates

Dukongo

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Finally received my cards today!

CoPR: April 09th
Pictures delivered to Etobicoke Office: April 22th
Cards mailed: September 16th (I was told via email from Etobicoke)
Cards received: September 28th

Odd things about my case:
- My application is still in "Submitted" status in the website.
- In the webiste, "Date Received" is "August 5, 2021" (what doesn't match with photos delivered date)
Congrats! Can you tell us what email they used to notify you that the cards were sent?

Thank you

shub2020

Sep 10, 2020
I have sent the photos and COPR documents (1 applicant and 2 dependents) in one cover to the Etobicoke office and the courier reached the office on 24th March, 2021. Dependants received the PR cards on 27th Aug, 2021 but I haven't received my card and the status is still showing as submitted. I have raised webforms, tried to call the IRCC and even emailed to cic-etobicoke-landings@cic.gc.ca but no use. Could anyone suggest me on this?

Application Approved -- 2nd Feb, 2021
COPR received ---18th March, 2021
Photos reached Etobicoke --- 24th March, 2021
Recived GU1 -- 19th Aug, 2021
I am exactly in the same situation

COPR-- 26 March
Photos Received - 20 April 21
Received GU1 -- 26 Aug 21

Sent quite a few emails to Etobicoke ofc but just got a response that your Card is in Production, but no replies after that.

Were you able to connect to IRCC call centre and able to connect to an agent, i was not able to ?

I am also looking for next steps, what can be done.

alexbb

Oct 2, 2021
call them and ask what is your city/town of birth in their profile - ask whether it lower case, upper case, any spaces.

I did it, and then I was able to link my application. Before that, I tried 10+ variations, and it didn't work

Make sure you call several times - most of agents will deny your requests due to other priorities, but some of them will help you - make sure you ask politely.

Then, after you've done it - try to call to obtain PR Card status - also, many of them will deny helping you, but some of them can.
Thanks for your advice. I finally talked to an agent today. He was really nice and helped me check my application. He told me that my photo was checked and on the system, but the card has not been in production yet. Last update was Sept 14. He also helped with my application number and city of birth to link my card application. And I did! It was still in progress though.

Reactions: remzes

A&W

Sep 29, 2021
Hi,
i uploaded the photo on june 27th on pr portal and they rejected the photo today. I resubmitted the new one but does anybody know how long does it takes from after that? anybody in the same boat???
i uploaded mine on Aug 25 then they rejected on Aug 30, i re-uploaded my photo same day on Aug 30… after several calls and emails I received my PR card on Oct 4… took about a month for me!!

Sam_12

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
i uploaded mine on Aug 25 then they rejected on Aug 30, i re-uploaded my photo same day on Aug 30… after several calls and emails I received my PR card on Oct 4… took about a month for me!!
That's great! My pic was rejected too and I've been waiting since August 18th to hear back.

Which email did you use to contact them?

A&W

Sep 29, 2021
That's great! My pic was rejected too and I've been waiting since August 18th to hear back.

Which email did you use to contact them?
I replied to the email they used to send my credentials for the portal, also raised a webform, and i called them using the IRCC number and selected the option for PR card on the list

G.Caio

Star Member
May 11, 2020
eCOPR date: May 30th
PR Card mailed: September 28th
Received PR Card: October 4th

177 days, via the portal upload system. No ghost updates
Do you receive an email once your PR card is mailed to you ?
My eCOPR is May 19th and still zero updates so far

CatB

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Photo delivered April 6th and no updates since then. Tried calling and raising a web form with no success getting any update. Have you recieved an update that the card was approved and mailed? I believe SD works only when the card was mailed but never received.
same boat