+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Kva

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Finally My PR card approved and mailed today.
COPR - Mar 14
photos sent - Mar 18
Photos received - Mar 20
First GU - Aug 12
Hopefully card reaches to me safely. All the best for people who are on same boat.

• Love
Reactions: Ilya127 and CatB

Jeena George

Jul 19, 2021
COPR - Mar 14
photos sent - Mar 18
Photos received - Mar 20
First GU - Aug 12
Hopefully card reaches to me safely. All the best for people who are on same boat.
That is great news! please do not forget to update when you have finally received it on hand.

Reactions: Kva

LeoLeoLeo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
I received email from Etobicoke.

At this time, IRCC has currently reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).

As a result, there will be significant delays in processing the high inventory of first time PR card applications.

Applications received in March 2021 are now in process.

We are unable to provide an approximate timeline of the production and distribution of the cards.

Please be assured that we are doing everything possible to complete the PR card process for all our clients.

If you sent your documents by registered post or courier, please use your tracking details for confirmation of delivery for we are unable to confirm the reception of your documents.

While you wait for your PR card, you can use your signed COPR document (if you have one), or the COPR letter confirming permanent resident status to:

• prove that you’re a permanent resident in Canada, and

• apply for government benefits and services that you’re eligible for, for example, to apply for your social insurance number so you can work.

LeoLeoLeo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
I send my photo with No tracking. So if they cannot confirm my photo, how can I know whether I should resend the photo or Canada post has lost.
This is another BS LOL

ntachi

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017
It blows my mind how outdated this photo mailing system is to issue a card. I am really hoping the new ePortal system gets implemented for everyone soon.

Sorry, needed to vent a little.

Reactions: Ilya127 and CatB

Oktay58

Aug 12, 2021
COPR - Mar 14
photos sent - Mar 18
Photos received - Mar 20
First GU - Aug 12
was it in Etobicoke office?

Jul 9, 2021
IRCC replied today for my inquiry - this is etioboke office, my photos were delivered to them on 31st march 2021 so not sure when i get it?

IRCC has currently reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, there will be significant delays in processing and production of PR Cards during this period.

Once PR Card production resumes, confirmed PR Cards will be forwarded to clients.

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
My timeline:
  • 24 March 2021 - Received CoPR via email attachment. 1 Year validity.
  • 25 March 2021 - Mailed pictures for PR
  • 26 March 2021 - Pictures delivered to Etobicoke IRCC
  • 19 August 2021 - GU1 (No email notification though)
I applied for PR cards for myself, wife and daughter. Pictures were sent in a single envelop.

I called IRCC today and agent told me the photos have been validated but not sent for production. He told me that I should expect to receive cards within 2 weeks.

I just logon to CIC account earlier and there was GU.

Reactions: Ilya127

Rounakm12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
My timeline:
  • 24 March 2021 - Received CoPR via email attachment. 1 Year validity.
  • 25 March 2021 - Mailed pictures for PR
  • 26 March 2021 - Pictures delivered to Etobicoke IRCC
  • 19 August 2021 - GU1 (No email notification though)
I applied for PR cards for myself, wife and daughter. Pictures were sent in a single envelop.

I called IRCC today and agent told me the photos have been validated but not sent for production. He told me that I should expect to receive cards within 2 weeks.

I just logon to CIC account earlier and there was GU.

I'm in the same boat. Which number you called to enquire about pr card?

Reactions: mehranjadoon