+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Rounakm12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Hi everyone,
I am in Canada. I still have not received my first PR Card.

However,

I have received my CoPR through email on March, 2nd, 2021 from the IRCC Toronto.

As requested in the email by the IRCC in Toronto,
in order to get the PR card, I had to mail back (through Canada Post) 2 photos and the CoPR to the provided address in Etobicoke on March, 3nd, 2021. ( next day after the CoPR acknowledgment)

I have not heard anything from IRCC since then.

Last week I raised a web form and got a response, they are saying they haven't received the photo yet. But as per courier, it is delivered in March.

Please suggest the next step?

Rounakm12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Finally My PR card approved and mailed today.
COPR - Mar 14
photos sent - Mar 18
Photos received - Mar 20
First GU - Aug 12
Hopefully card reaches to me safely. All the best for people who are on same boat.
what status changed in 1st ghost update after linking the application?

r12498

Mar 21, 2021
hello everyone

photo sent march 14
photo received march 15 by etobicoke office
GU1 august 3
GU2 august 14 mailed and approved

thanks everyone for valuable info on this page

• Love
Reactions: CatB and Ilya127

backto1983

May 15, 2020
Category........
CEC
CoPR approved: Mar 16
Photo delivered: Mar 29

No GU for me as well.
CoPR approved: Mar 16
CoPR on email: Mar 25
Photo delivered: Mar 29
GU1: Aug 19 (status changed to application/profile updated, then back to submitted)

Just got on a call with an agent who confirmed the photo was approved and the card was sent to production. It takes usually 2-3 weeks before the card is mailed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilya127

max8329

Aug 15, 2021
Hi everyone,
I am in Canada. I still have not received my first PR Card.

However,

I have received my CoPR through email on March, 2nd, 2021 from the IRCC Toronto.

As requested in the email by the IRCC in Toronto,
in order to get the PR card, I had to mail back (through Canada Post) 2 photos and the CoPR to the provided address in Etobicoke on March, 3nd, 2021. ( next day after the CoPR acknowledgment)

I have not heard anything from IRCC since then.

Last week I raised a web form and got a response, they are saying they haven't received the photo yet. But as per courier, it is delivered in March.

Please suggest the next step?
I would call again and make sure the photo was not received. If the etobicoke office hasn't received your photo for such a long time. There is a high possibility that your photo got lost on the way to be office. Some couriers are irresponsible for you mails. I had photo delievered on March 4th and when I called, the agent confirmed my photo was there and uploaded.

LeoLeoLeo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
Hi guys,

I called IRCC today and I mailed my photo on March 20th, but they cannot confirm my photo yet.
However, the officer said It doesn't mean that they haven't received my photo, and just wait.

I asked how I can judge whether I should resend the photo or not. but the guy said I can always resend the photo....

Do you think I should resend my photo because they haven't confirm it for a while?

askele

Star Member
Feb 10, 2020
Hi guys,

I called IRCC today and I mailed my photo on March 20th, but they cannot confirm my photo yet.
However, the officer said It doesn't mean that they haven't received my photo, and just wait.

I asked how I can judge whether I should resend the photo or not. but the guy said I can always resend the photo....

Do you think I should resend my photo because they haven't confirm it for a while?
No i think you should give it at least 2 more weeks. I delivered my photos March 15th and got the update just today, so just be patient.

Reactions: LeoLeoLeo and CatB

DAW

Jul 27, 2021
HI all Can someone reply to my this question. I received my and my family PR card on Aug. 9 except my son PR. Is this a normal situation? I have mailed this issue to IRCC. waiting for reply. I dont know they will reply or not.
Your help will be appreciated

satrajit81

Nov 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-05-2020
Hello..
If we change address after receiving our PR Cards, do we need to inform IRCC about the new address? Please advise

JTJ

May 7, 2021
CoPR: March 11
Photo delivered: March 24
1st GU: August 11
Approved and mailed: August 19

Finally my card is approved!
"We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive."
It takes up to six weeks though lol