+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021
Hi Guys,

Need your help here. I got my COPR letter from Etobicoke office via email in April 1st week. Sent my credentials and confirmed that it was received by Etobicoke office in April 3rd week. I didn't get any information from them regarding my PR card. A lot of people got online portal to send in their pictures, I didn't get that too. Should I call them and ask them?
if you didn't receive an invitation for the portal, you have to send your phots by mail

MelTranel

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Hi guys,

AOR - March 30, 2021
1st portal email - June 15th (replied same day with requested details)
2nd email Portal Credentials - June 16th (in Canada declaration, address, photo uploaded on same day)
eCOPR - June 23rd (Linked PR card application on my CIC account the same day)
1st GU on PR card application - July 14th
2nd update PR card approved & mailed - July 22nd

VO - Etobicoke.
Good for you.

Reactions: Silver Star

Hcr123

Star Member
Feb 17, 2021
Please advise how do would one know whether we have a ghost update or not.
GU (Ghost Update) is an update on your application on CIC account. When you log in to your account the application shows "updated" but when you click on the status then there's no further information available from already existing status & when you go back, the status goes back to displaying "submitted."
GU generally means IRCC started processing your application!

srin881

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Me my friend:).. checking every hour but alas no update. Did IRCC tell you when they sent your card to production? Mine was sent on 16th apparently.
I dont know the exact date it was sent to production but whenever I call them,the agent is like production is done and they are waiting for the card to be dispatched.One of them said the pr card office processes stuff in batches.So waiting for the light to shine on my card.I hope they havenot lost my card or there has been no error in printing.Hope you get your card soon.

Reactions: saumya2712

saumya2712

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
I dont know the exact date it was sent to production but whenever I call them,the agent is like production is done and they are waiting for the card to be dispatched.One of them said the pr card office processes stuff in batches.So waiting for the light to shine on my card.I hope they havenot lost my card or there has been no error in printing.Hope you get your card soon.
Hope so. Good luck to you as well!