+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Siva.

Apr 27, 2021
Hey guys! Finally received response from Etobicoke IRCC! (sent email on May 31, 2021)
They said that my card was approved and sent for production on June 1!
Which option did you use to reach out agent ?
The moment I tried the application number options , there is no selection for application number starting with R

Neelaish2004

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
I fall in the COPR category. But I don't see any option to download the COPR document from the CIC account. I have only the document details mentioned in the account. I received the actual COPR documents in my registered email. Is this normal?
thats normal as I got via email first then after 2months they upload in my online account

Reactions: aaryas

kumar143

Oct 8, 2019
This is not correct.
@kumar143 ecopr is for those that received portal confirmation and credentials- after the credentials are confirmed, they will be able to download their eCOPR- I downloaded mine today

COPR are for those that got approved and was able to directly download the COPR from their CIC account without having to first use the confirmation and credentials portal.

Both eCOPR and COPR are for inland application but depending on your LVO, you might get the former or latter.
thanks for the detail, what is LVO?

Patsnits

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Good-day,

From my understanding, once we have COPR, we are good to go with our pr card.I was wondering why do we need approval after submitting our photos and COPY OF COPR from IRCC and once it has been approved the card is sent for printing?WHY?

Ann1711

May 31, 2021
Hey guys! Finally received response from Etobicoke IRCC! (sent email on May 31, 2021)
They said that my card was approved and sent for production on June 1!
i just double checked and, apparently, they responded to my IRCC Web form, not my email. I received a response via email, so I automatically assumed it was sent from Etobicoke’s IRCC email. Sorry if I confused anyone!
For reference, I submitted the Web form on May 26th.

Reactions: kumar143 and Fadros

aaryas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Good-day,

From my understanding, once we have COPR, we are good to go with our pr card.I was wondering why do we need approval after submitting our photos and COPY OF COPR from IRCC and once it has been approved the card is sent for printing?WHY?
It's the way it should work in an ideal world. Hope they bring in more IT and automation. The only catch is photo validation. It can be automated as well.
Seems their current system has a lot of manual processes.

graceyg

Jun 3, 2021
here's mine (2021):
coPR received in Mid March from Etobicoke office
PR photo I mailed to Etobicoke on April 9 and no response till today
maybe there is still at least 2 months to wait...
and just wondering.. what is GU mean? I have not received any updates from my CIC account...

alias11

Jun 3, 2021
To anyone who cannot link their application and don't want to call IRCC agents,try this method. I got reply in 2 days and I linked my application now .

" If you are still experiencing difficulties, please write back to us using the IRCC Web form and choose Technical difficulties located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry. Also add the following information:

• All the answers provided while trying to link your application. To do this:
    • once on that page and after entering all your answers, provide us with screen shots.
  • Any error messages. To do this, provide us with screen shots showing the full browser window, including the website address field of the:
    • page preceding the error, and
    • error message.
  • The personal information page of your passport. "
They will respond to the web form mentioning where we entered the wrong info and they will provide what we need to enter . Following was the response from them,

We are sorry that you are experiencing difficulties linking your application to your account.
In order to help you link it, we invite you to follow these steps:
  • Click on Add (link) your application to your account from the welcome page.
  • Once on the Link an existing application to this account page, you must select the Permanent Resident Card category.
According to our verifications, the information entered in the following field(s) doesn't match the one we have on your file:
  • City of birth (This field might be case sensitive): xxxxxx, xxxxxx
You should be able to link your application once the above information is entered exactly as entered in your original forms.

Reactions: kumar143

alias11

Jun 3, 2021
My timelines -
Feb 05 - COPR
Feb 07 - Photos Sent
Current Status in CIC website - Submitted on June 04,2021 ( Apllication linked date)

When i open the application ,it says my application was received on April 01,2021
Is this normal to show a later date in application received ? I sent the photos on Feb 07 . Anyone with similar experience ?

Reactions: Fadros

salomi24

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
yes, I've linked the account in March and we get GU (Ghost updates) on that link.

If you want to link the application

Try this! I hope it works, Worked for me though!!!

Linking PR Card application;
1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.
2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages
3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"
4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"
5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES
7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here
8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down
10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview
11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.
12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
13. If after clicking "Search for my application" it show no application found, click Try again and try to input all the values carefully again. Each day it allows you 5 attempts. It it still doesn't find your application, you can try again the next day.
thank you so much! Worked for me ...they say i was mailed a PR card but I do not see any updates in my account?

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
My timelines -
Feb 05 - COPR
Feb 07 - Photos Sent
Current Status in CIC website - Submitted on June 04,2021 ( Apllication linked date)

When i open the application ,it says my application was received on April 01,2021
Is this normal to show a later date in application received ? I sent the photos on Feb 07 . Anyone with similar experience ?
It's the date you linked the application.