+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Yup!

I too received approval for my dependent child, but approval for me and my wife is still pending. Hopefully will be approved by today EOD.

CoPR 12 Jan, GU1 - May 21, Approved May 26

On your point of expiry date of PR card, it is generally valid for 5 year from the date of issue, however, PR status will expire on 5 years from CoPR date. i.e. Jan 11, 2026, we need to renew PR card before that or apply for citizenship.
Guys!

Today, I saw approval for other two applications in my online account. PR card has been mailed. Will keep you guys posted once I receive the card on mail.

All the best guys! good news is on your way!

As I understood, GU1 is major hurdle, but now looks like Etobicoke is ramping up the speed. After GU1, processing is way faster from CIO Sydney office. GU1 to PR card dispatch just took 5 days for me :)

Edit : Received an email notification for PR card approval.

Last edited:

d13

Jun 9, 2020
Guys!

Today, I saw approval for other two applications in my online account. PR card has been mailed. Will keep you guys posted once I receive the card on mail.

As I understood, GU1 is major hurdle, but now looks like Etobicoke is ramping up the speed. After GU1, processing is way faster from CIO Sydney office. GU1 to PR card dispatch just took 5 days for me :)

Did you receive email from them??

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Did you receive email from them??
Yes! there is an email with subject line "We updated your application status (RXXXXXXXX) "

Your application status has changes.

To check what's changed with your application's status:

1. Sign in to your account.
2. Click Check full application status under View the applications you submitted.

Reactions: Silver Star and d13

aaryas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Some hints for Indian applicants :

#8 City with State name e.g. Bangalore, Karnataka
#10 The date above the UCI#
Thank you. It worked. I was able to link my daughter's application. I was doing a mistake with the city. It should be city, state as in GCMS notes. I was using just city.
However, I am still unable to link mine. I have just city in my place of birth in GCMS notes. I will try some combinations with state.

Reactions: shashi_b

d13

Jun 9, 2020
Yes! there is an email with subject line "We updated your application status (RXXXXXXXX) "

Your application status has changes.

To check what's changed with your application's status:

1. Sign in to your account.
2. Click Check full application status under View the applications you submitted.
Hope I get it soon

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Thank you. It worked. I was able to link my daughter's application. I was doing a mistake with the city. It should be city, state as in GCMS notes. I was using just city.
However, I am still unable to link mine. I have just city in my place of birth in GCMS notes. I will try some combinations with state.
Most of us(Indian) have City name(without state) mentioned, if our passports were issued earlier than 2014.

In case of my daughter and wife their passport have City, State so it was not an issue. However, I faced the same issue then, I came to know that IRCC agents update the Birth place to include State name as well.

It was mentioned under notes section of GCMS notes something like below :
Name on application changed : Old Values(s) Name, Last name, first name, DOB, City of birth
New Values(s) Last name, First name DOB City of birth, State name

aaryas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Most of us(Indian) have City name(without state) mentioned, if our passports were issued earlier than 2014.

In case of my daughter and wife their passport have City, State so it was not an issue. However, I faced the same issue then, I came to know that IRCC agents update the Birth place to include State name as well.

It was mentioned under notes section of GCMS notes something like below :
Name on application changed : Old Values(s) Name, Last name, first name, DOB, City of birth
New Values(s) Last name, First name DOB City of birth, State name
I have one more twist in my case, my state name was changed due to split after I obtained my passport.. :). Not sure what's on my profile. More combinations to try. the 5 attempts per day rule sucks.

deepbilal

Feb 16, 2021
Guys!

i upload the photo on pr portal.is it possible to link my online file with cic account or its only for those who send the photos by mail.