+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Reactions: Melikaaaaaaaa

rami3332

Jun 15, 2020
CoPR was on Feb 24, photos sent on March 2. still no update on my CIC account. Iam leaving home on June 15th for 3 weeks. Is there any advice ? Can the family ship the card if it comes ? or they will stop processing my PR card application as I am abroad. Thank you !!

Reactions: Fadros

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
CoPR was on Feb 24, photos sent on March 2. still no update on my CIC account. Iam leaving home on June 15th for 3 weeks. Is there any advice ? Can the family ship the card if it comes ? or they will stop processing my PR card application as I am abroad. Thank you !!
What is your plan B for coming back? 3 weeks time may not be sufficient for obtaining a PRTD or to ship PR card from here unless some family member is travelling.

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
Hlo guys , yesterday I received eCOPR on PR confirmation portal. Today i got an email that we have updated your application. Is that for same for approval or it can b anything bcz i don’t have access to open my Cic account, my representative have . Is that about yesterday i got eCOPR. I don’t need to confirm??

Reactions: Silver Star

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Hlo guys , yesterday I received eCOPR on PR confirmation portal. Today i got an email that we have updated your application. Is that for same for approval or it can b anything bcz i don’t have access to open my Cic account, my representative have . Is that about yesterday i got eCOPR. I don’t need to confirm??
They have approved your PR application and issued a COPR. No worries.

Reactions: Jasaman

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021
Read the thread above, there was a discussion about a card being mailed.

Reactions: shashi_b

jpshya

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hello all, I am CEC Inland and got my COPR on 29-Mar-2021 and have sent photos through postal email. My COPR document which i received didn't have any signature or stamp on the document. Today one of my friend received his COPR through the online portal, where he uploaded digital photos. The COPR document he got looks different format, and it also had someone from IRCC signed at the end with a date.

Do i need to worry about my COPR which is not signed? I didn't have any issues getting new SIN with this document. But will the unsigned COPR document have any impact when i look for some new jobs (until i get my PR card, which is some good 2-3 months away)?

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Hi,
For #8, I have COB: India in CoPR. While linking the application, should I put City/Town of birth or Country of Birth?
For #10, Is this the date on the CoPR document just above UCI? I am inland and no flagpole or landing.
Some hints for Indian applicants :

#8 City with State name e.g. Bangalore, Karnataka
#10 The date above the UCI#

Reactions: aaryas

Hamsi

Mar 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Yup!

I too received approval for my dependent child, but approval for me and my wife is still pending. Hopefully will be approved by today EOD.

CoPR 12 Jan, GU1 - May 21, Approved May 26

On your point of expiry date of PR card, it is generally valid for 5 year from the date of issue, however, PR status will expire on 5 years from CoPR date. i.e. Jan 11, 2026, we need to renew PR card before that or apply for citizenship.
Dear Shashi - Thanks for clarifying about the PR status validity based on the "COPR issuance date". very important indeed!.. i heard similar kind of catch for applying for citizenship regarding the 1095 days requirement. looks like the 1095 days counted backwards from the "date of citizenship application".

Reactions: Fadros and shashi_b

JamshidR

May 18, 2021
friends, looks like whoever got GU on 21 May (COPR 12 Jan 2021 or before).. all those profiles are getting updated with FINAL APPROVAL status this morning. I see that for me the PR Card document number is also generated AND the silver lining is that the card is valid for 5 years from the date of GU 21 May (not the COPR issuance 12 Jan) which means i got 4 months extra for the waiting we had to endure. finally there is light at the end of the tunnel. :)

CEC Inland - Etobicoke office
Copr January 12
Photos delivered January 15
First & only GU May 21
profile updated with final approval status May 26

i will post status once i receive the card in mail. Good Luck to everyone!!!
For me also same...Received updated status in CIC and approval inside....Mailed PR card...I was only able to link my application and hence can see only my status...Hope my family staus also is approved...
Btw any idea Why its taking upto 6 weeks to arrive?...

Hamsi

Mar 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
For me also same...Received updated status in CIC and approval inside....Mailed PR card...I was only able to link my application and hence can see only my status...Hope my family staus also is approved...
Btw any idea Why its taking upto 6 weeks to arrive?...
No no.. it wont take 6 weeks.. normally people are receiving the PR card in mail within a week or so after approval/dispatch. thats a standard message they put i guess.

crtsai09

Apr 23, 2019
London
Hello all, I am CEC Inland and got my COPR on 29-Mar-2021 and have sent photos through postal email. My COPR document which i received didn't have any signature or stamp on the document. Today one of my friend received his COPR through the online portal, where he uploaded digital photos. The COPR document he got looks different format, and it also had someone from IRCC signed at the end with a date.

Do i need to worry about my COPR which is not signed? I didn't have any issues getting new SIN with this document. But will the unsigned COPR document have any impact when i look for some new jobs (until i get my PR card, which is some good 2-3 months away)?
Hi, Even I received the same letter. I received it in email not through any portal. I was also able to get SIN with this document.

Reactions: jpshya