+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

JamshidR

May 18, 2021
Received I guess a GU update on linked PR Card application today in CIC...Status was submitted till yesterday...Today changed to Application/profile updated... Inside Application status remain same as "we are processing your application "... Anyone else with same information?
Today my PR card application status went back to Submitted from Application/profile updated...Is this normal?

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
What is mentioned in your passport?
My passport has only given name like Harpreet Singh . Now the credentials they have sent me in the portal they put my given name like Harpreet Singh in the family name and my Given name is blank . And then Application number . DOB . They already sent it with information i just uploaded photo and mailing address. So my question is it won’t be any issue if the put given name in family name section ??? And given name section is blank

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
My passport has only given name like Harpreet Singh . Now the credentials they have sent me in the portal they put my given name like Harpreet Singh in the family name and my Given name is blank . And then Application number . DOB . They already sent it with information i just uploaded photo and mailing address. So my question is it won’t be any issue if the put given name in family name section ??? And given name section is blank
As I said earlier, in IRCC systems Family name can not be entered as blank, so they have used your Given name as Family name. Similar is the case with any application to USCIS.

So, now your application looks like this :

As per your passportAs per IRCC
Given NameHarpreet SinghBlank
Family NameBlank Harpreet Singh

I have seen similar scenarios with other people as well and I haven't heard that they faced any issues. However, I would recommend to check with any of your friends and family who doesn't have family name and hold a PR card.

Reactions: Jasaman

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
As I said earlier, in IRCC systems Family name can not be entered as blank, so they have used your Given name as Family name. Similar is the case with any application to USCIS.

So, now your application looks like this :

As per your passportAs per IRCC
Given NameHarpreet SinghBlank
Family NameBlank Harpreet Singh

I have seen similar scenarios with other people as well and I haven't heard that they faced any issues. However, I would recommend to check with any of your friends and family who doesn't have family name and hold a PR card.
So then ok . I got it my friend. I didn’t know about it . So nothing wrong . Thanku so much buddy for helping me out . Big relief

Reactions: Silver Star

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
I received a reply from MP office to send some parliamentary form duly filled and signed along with an address proof.

Will keep you guys posted.
I received the following reply from the MP office :

"We can provide you with the following details about the status of their permanent resident (PR) card application:

• Your constituent became a permanent resident on January 12, 2021.
  • The application was approved on May 21, 2021:
    • The PRC was sent to card production on May 21, 2021."

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
I received the following reply from the MP office :

"We can provide you with the following details about the status of their permanent resident (PR) card application:

• Your constituent became a permanent resident on January 12, 2021.
  • The application was approved on May 21, 2021:
    • The PRC was sent to card production on May 21, 2021."
Nice. Any ghost updates?

Reactions: shashi_b

Sam_19

Feb 2, 2021
COPR 12 Jan 2021
Photo received on 15 Jan 2021
GU for par card 20 May
And got PDF in application “correspondence letter “ which includes application detail.
Is this normal???

Reactions: Fadros