+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

sparshikehar

May 2, 2021
Friends, anyone received PR card after submitting the photos in the portal? Who has received it the latest? Just an observation, is there an expiry date on the COPR. Mine expires mid of August 2021, am worried if that will have an issue. Not sure if we will receive the PR card by then. Anyone in same lines?
I am also waiting for the card, when did you submit your photo?

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
Hi can please anybody tell me that we need to upload only front size of pictures. Back side is not necessary like stamping??

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
Hi can please anybody tell me that we need to upload only front size of pictures. Back side is not necessary like stamping?? For online Portal

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Hi can please anybody tell me that we need to upload only front size of pictures. Back side is not necessary like stamping?? For online Portal
I don't think that you should upload scanned copy of the photo. Please ask the photo studio to give a digital copy in PR card format.

Here are the specifications :

The same requirement applies for the following: digital passport photo, digital permanent residence card photo, digital express entry photo.

• The frame size must be at least 1200 x 1600 pixels.
  • The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 709 to 823 pixels.
  • The file may be submitted in JPEG format.
  • The image must be in color(24 bits per pixel) in RGB color space.
  • The photos must be taken in person by a commercial
    photographer.
  • Photos must be taken within the last six (6) months.
  • The photos must be originals and not taken from an existing
    photo.
  • The photos must show a full front view of the face and top of the shoulders squared to the camera (the image of the face and shoulders must be centered in the photo). The head must not be tilted to the side.

Reference : https://www.propassportphoto.com/canada-passport-permanent-residence-card-international-drivers-permit-police-clearance-security-license-photo-requirement-specification/

aaryas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi All,
My PR application was approved in April and I mailed the photos on the 1st of May. I am still unable to link my PR card application to my account.
However, today I received a GU on the PR application profile which was already in the Approved state?
Did anyone experience this? What this could mean?

I think in profile, the last time I checked the below update was about my background check. I see about medical today.
Latest update:
Review of medical results - November 2, 2020:You passed the medical exam.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Hi All,
My PR application was approved in April and I mailed the photos on the 1st of May. I am still unable to link my PR card application to my account.
However, today I received a GU on the PR application profile which was already in the Approved state?
Did anyone experience this? What this could mean?

I think in profile, the last time I checked the below update was about my background check. I see about medical today.
Latest update:
Review of medical results - November 2, 2020:You passed the medical exam.
This is normal to get another GU after approval. nothing to worry.

Moreover, I observed that there is a technical glitch in the "Latest update section" of the portal. In my online account, it keeps changing, sometime it shows, background check update and other times it shows Medical results date.

Reactions: Fadros and aaryas

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
Hlo guys . Like i don’t have family name . But in the given name in the portal is blank and the put my given name example Harpreet Singh is in family name . What to do know any suggestions please @legalfalcon

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Hlo guys . Like i don’t have family name . But in the given name in the portal is blank and the put my given name example Harpreet Singh is in family name . What to do know any suggestions please @legalfalcon
As per systems in Canada applicant must have family name.

If given name is mandatory than I have seen people using FNU i.e. First name unknown

Reactions: Jasaman

rydeone

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Any further updates after 2nd GU?
Generally 2nd GU means it is approved and sent for printing.
Yes That's weird because as you said usually second update says approved and card mailed but mine was GU so I started thinking that the first GU I got might be a glitch in the system. I think I will see approval update next week I will post as soon as I receive another update.

Last edited:

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
As per systems in Canada applicant must have family name.

If given name is mandatory than I have seen people using FNU i.e. First name unknown
But in the confirmation portal the have already put my given name in family name section . I already submitted the details. Any suggestions what can i do now