+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020
5-6 months by mail.
9-11 days by portal.
I actually mailed the photo to Etobicoke VO.
But after few days I also received portal invitation and I have actually filled all the information as well as photographs over there. Now I am waiting for the response from the pr confirmation portal. Is it ok to receive both emails one from Etobicoke landings and one from ircc pr confirmation portal?

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
It doesn’t make sense (to me) to go by the date of issue of CoPR, most likely they are going by the order of receipt.

For instances where an applicant whose CoPR issuance date was ,for example, January 5, 2021 and they reached February applicants but they still didn’t find his/her pictures for whatever reason; I believe in these situations, they would send the respective applicant a portal invitation link.

Reactions: Fadros

moraesfcarol

Aug 13, 2020
Hi everyone!

My husband and I received our COPR in December and have sent our photos to the Etobicoke office in December too.
So far, no updates and we are unable to link this to our account to track it.

We have already sent webforms, but no response yet....
Anybody in the same situation?
Any tips on what to do?

Also, when you send the photos to the Etobicoke office are you still required to fill the form IMM 5445 and pay for the CAD 50 fee?

Thank you!

• Sad
Reactions: Fadros

Neelaish2004

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
It doesn’t make sense (to me) to go by the date of issue of CoPR, most likely they are going by the order of receipt.

For instances where an applicant whose CoPR issuance date was ,for example, January 5, 2021 and they reached February applicants but they still didn’t find his/her pictures for whatever reason; I believe in these situations, they would send the respective applicant a portal invitation link.
I have seen people got PR card with issue date is COPR date. so make sense they start with COPR date.

Neelaish2004

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi everyone!

My husband and I received our COPR in December and have sent our photos to the Etobicoke office in December too.
So far, no updates and we are unable to link this to our account to track it.

We have already sent webforms, but no response yet....
Anybody in the same situation?
Any tips on what to do?

Also, when you send the photos to the Etobicoke office are you still required to fill the form IMM 5445 and pay for the CAD 50 fee?

Thank you!
IMM5445 is not for first time pr card

JamshidR

May 18, 2021
Mine CoPR - 12 Jan
Photos received Etobicoke - 15 Jan
Current Status - Photos not yet in system
Today just had another call with CIC support ..same answer ..."we are processing it...No documents required from your side..but cannot see photos yet in the system ...you required to wait"...Also as per them PR initial card processing time provided online is average time...actual time can be more...
Received I guess a GU update on linked PR Card application today in CIC...Status was submitted till yesterday...Today changed to Application/profile updated... Inside Application status remain same as "we are processing your application "... Anyone else with same information?

Reactions: shashi_b

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
I actually mailed the photo to Etobicoke VO.
But after few days I also received portal invitation and I have actually filled all the information as well as photographs over there. Now I am waiting for the response from the pr confirmation portal. Is it ok to receive both emails one from Etobicoke landings and one from ircc pr confirmation portal?
Looks like they are doing the Portal way for new applicants. It is fine to mail the photos, although you would receive PR card from confirmation portal before they process your mailed photos :)

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Sorry, but what is GU? Thank you!
It is a tech jargon from IRCC which means Ghost update.

Whenever you login to the CIC portal and find that any of your application shows the following status " Application/profile updated" then it means there was a GU i.e. some IRCC staff has touched your application at the back-end.

Last edited:

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021

It is very convoluted now, because they are not following order of receipt as well. some time they are processing Jan 20 submission and some time they are doing Jan 12, the whole batch in between these dates is missing.

Reactions: Ryan4

moraesfcarol

Aug 13, 2020
Received I guess a GU update on linked PR Card application today in CIC...Status was submitted till yesterday...Today changed to Application/profile updated... Inside Application status remain same as "we are processing your application "... Anyone else with same information?
Thank you for the help!

I was unable to link my PR CARD application to my cic account... any tips? Should I raise a webform?
Our COPR if from Dec 2, 2020 :confused: