+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Punsy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I just realized that our COPR document was not signed by the Etobicoke officer, and I sent an email with the original COPR asking for the signed copy. Also last week I have applied for PR Card & SIN (Online), even OHIP (health card). For OHIP Service Ontario didn't ask me anything.
The question is do you think I will get SIN from Service Canada or do they come back to me asking signed COPR document?

I just sent an email to Etobicoke asking to issue a new COPR doc with Singed init.

Does anyone has experienced this before or anyone knows how long do they take to respond to email queries?

Thanks in advance for your comments & suggestion!

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I just realized that our COPR document was not signed by the Etobicoke officer, and I sent an email with the original COPR asking for the signed copy. Also last week I have applied for PR Card & SIN (Online), even OHIP (health card). For OHIP Service Ontario didn't ask me anything.
The question is do you think I will get SIN from Service Canada or do they come back to me asking signed COPR document?

I just sent an email to Etobicoke asking to issue a new COPR doc with Singed init.

Does anyone has experienced this before or anyone knows how long do they take to respond to email queries?

I received SIN, and OHIP with unsigned copy. I think they has system to check genuineness of CoPR.

As per my observation, signed copy is not required and I don't know if they really give that for virtual landing.

Reactions: Punsy

Punsy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
I received SIN, and OHIP with unsigned copy. I think they has system to check genuineness of CoPR.

As per my observation, signed copy is not required and I don't know if they really give that for virtual landing.
Thanks @shashi_b Did you receive your PR card? If yes, could you tell long do they to process it?

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I don't think anyone will sign that pdf... I used it as it was.

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021
Happened with my friend
Around 3 yrs ago
He got his landing paper
And evrything done

but after they opened up the lmia case again and aak him to wait and start evryrhing again with same draw ... with the one he got invitation and submit evrything again

also they came to check at his work that he is working and bla bla

his case got extended like for another 6-7 mnths !!!
Why did they open the case again?

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021

the same, from my understand the new COPR looks very different, so its normal. Got my new sin as well

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Probably a dumb question, but there's no way for them to revoke/reject PR after sending the photos right? (I've already got the COPR issued). Is it safe to assume for all intents and purposes that I am a permanent resident?
It is very safe to assume the you are PR after you received the inland COPR, because once the COPR is issued they officially close the eAPR file and open a new application file to issue the PR card.

It is exceedingly rare to face any adverse actions from IRCC after becoming PR. However, in rarest possibility it may happen if some facts were misrepresented, hidden by the applicant during the eAPR and somehow some other action triggers them to open the application and re-verify.

As pointed by others it could happen if someone has claimed points LMIA job offer and the employer revokes the offer.

I wonder, why are you thinking on those lines?

Last edited:

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Whats the meaning of LMIA?
LMIA mean Labour Market Impact Assessment

LMIA is filled by the employer, whenever they would want to hire some candidate from outside Canada. in LMIA application employer tries to prove that the particular job can only be offered to some specialized skilled candidate.

Once LMIA is approved, the employer can file for Open work-permit for the candidate to bring him/her to Canada.

Reactions: Silver Star

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021
LMIA mean Labour Market Impact Assessment

LMIA is filled by the employer, whenever they would want to hire some candidate from outside Canada. in LMIA application employer tries to prove that the particular job can only be offered to some specialized skilled candidate.

Once LMIA is approved, the employer can file for Open work-permit for the candidate to bring him/her to Canada.
thanks

d13

Jun 9, 2020
I am waiting for the PR card but looks like it will take more time. Currently the Etobicoke office is processing the photos received in November month.
Hey when did you sent your photo and letter to Etobicoke office???I sent mine in 2nd week of January so.