+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
I use ScotiaBank account and I had to update it myself. It was not automatic.

I had updated in ScotiaBank and given it my employer as well. My employer has provided an amended T4 with new SIN number.

One important thing I would like to mention that after getting permanent SIN my earlier CRA online account stopped working and I had to re-register with new SIN.
You have to make a new CRA account and inform your employer (and any brokerages and other places you have given your old SIN) but I didn't need to take any further action.
I never needed to get new t4, my t4 with old sin was available in my new CRA account with my new sin (same for spouse), CRA links the two SINs. All previous years info will also be ported to your new account.

tinomar

Mar 29, 2021
Folks, sharing an update.. I received my PR card today. Didn't receive any GU.. Didn't get any email/ notice from Etobicoke nor Webform reply (I raised Webform and emailed Etobicoke office on Apr 9th). But thankfully, the card arrived!

CoPR Nov 5th, 2020
Photo sent to Etobicoke Nov 10th, 2020
Card received on Apr 22nd, 2021 (from Sydney office)

Wishing all the best for everyone!!

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
Probably a dumb question, but there's no way for them to revoke/reject PR after sending the photos right? (I've already got the COPR issued). Is it safe to assume for all intents and purposes that I am a permanent resident?

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
Considering the long wait times for Etobicoke, has anyone's card arrived earlier than normal (i.e. less than 100 days)? Would be interested in knowing.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Probably a dumb question, but there's no way for them to revoke/reject PR after sending the photos right? (I've already got the COPR issued). Is it safe to assume for all intents and purposes that I am a permanent resident?
I see you are a fellow worrier.
No, you are PR once landed.

Navjot sidhu

Nov 22, 2020
Care to elaborate?
Happened with my friend
Around 3 yrs ago
He got his landing paper
And evrything done

but after they opened up the lmia case again and aak him to wait and start evryrhing again with same draw ... with the one he got invitation and submit evrything again

also they came to check at his work that he is working and bla bla

his case got extended like for another 6-7 mnths !!!

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Happened with my friend
Around 3 yrs ago
He got his landing paper
And evrything done

but after they opened up the lmia case again and aak him to wait and start evryrhing again with same draw ... with the one he got invitation and submit evrything again

also they came to check at his work that he is working and bla bla

his case got extended like for another 6-7 mnths !!!
That all happened before he landed, I assume?