+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Hi everyone,
I am planning to travel back to India next week and am wondering, is the RTPCR Covid test report required for boarding the flight different from the regular covid test report? The test costs $225 nowadays for travel purposes but if i get it done saying that my employer has requested the test, it will be free for me.
Can anyone help me out here?
TIA
As per CGI Toronto website, YES it is required.

All travelers should (i) submit self-declaration form on the online Air Suvidha portal (www.newdelhiairport.in) before the scheduled travel (ii) upload a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR report. This test should have been conducted within 72 hrs prior to undertaking the journey.

Reference : https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/alert_detail/?alertid=126

Regular COVID test done using nasal swab is RTPCR. Most of the assessment center here are doing the same. The other test is Covid-19 antigen based which requires a blood sample.

May be you could check with the testing center, whether they are taking nasal swab or blood sample?

Last edited:

d13

Jun 9, 2020
Hi everyone,
I am planning to travel back to India next week and am wondering, is the RTPCR Covid test report required for boarding the flight different from the regular covid test report? The test costs $225 nowadays for travel purposes but if i get it done saying that my employer has requested the test, it will be free for me.
Can anyone help me out here?
TIA
Are you going in vande bharat mission???is it required in all airport in india???

Sal1204

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
As per CGI Toronto website, YES it is required.

All travelers should (i) submit self-declaration form on the online Air Suvidha portal (www.newdelhiairport.in) before the scheduled travel (ii) upload a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR report. This test should have been conducted within 72 hrs prior to undertaking the journey.

Reference : https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/alert_detail/?alertid=126

Regular COVID test done using nasal swab is RTPCR. Most of the assessment center here are doing the same. The other test is Covid-19 antigen based which requires a blood sample.

May be you could check with the testing center, whether they are taking nasal swab or blood sample?
The testing centres usually do the nasal swab test but I’m just wondering if the reports are different for the normal and the travellers test, some of my friends mentioned that when you take a normal covid test they just tell you if it is negative or positive and don’t give you like a proper report. If that is the case I’ll have to get the travellers one to be on the safe side and get a proper report.

Sal1204

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
Are you going in vande bharat mission???is it required in all airport in india???
I am planning to take the direct Air India flight to Delhi. It is necessary for me to land in Delhi but I’m not sure about the other airports, you’ll have to check out the airport’s website

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
It looks like, this is a recent change in standard operating procedure w.e.f from 22nd February 2021.

As per CGI Toronto website : https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/alert_detail/?alertid=126

This Standard Operating Procedure shall be valid w.e.f. 22nd February 2021 (23.59 Hrs IST) till further orders. Based on the risk assessment, this document shall be reviewed from time to time.

Part A – For all international travellers except travellers coming through flights originating from United Kingdom, Europe and Middle East
  • Planning for Travel
  1. All travellers should (i) submit self-declaration form on the online Air Suvidha portal (www.newdelhiairport.in) before the scheduled travel (ii) upload a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR report. This test should have been conducted within 72 hrs prior to undertaking the journey. Each passenger shall also submit a declaration with respect to authenticity of the report and will be liable for criminal prosecution, if found

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
The testing centres usually do the nasal swab test but I’m just wondering if the reports are different for the normal and the travellers test, some of my friends mentioned that when you take a normal covid test they just tell you if it is negative or positive and don’t give you like a proper report. If that is the case I’ll have to get the travellers one to be on the safe side and get a proper report.
Understood. Thanks for sharing.
May be they would have defined a new travelers COVID test(paid by the traveler) because many other countries are asking for it nowadays.

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi Everyone...I received my COPR in email today
Quick question; can I send my and my dependents photos in one envelope for PR cards or do we need to send it in separate envelopes/mails?

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Hi Everyone...I received my COPR in email today
Quick question; can I send my and my dependents photos in one envelope for PR cards or do we need to send it in separate envelopes/mails?
I have sent in one envelope by CanadaPost XpressPost because it was costing me $17 per envelope :) The advantage is that I have a tracking number and it says it was delivered in 2 days.

FYI : A regular mail will cost about $3 but without any tracking and delivery guarantee.

Reactions: thepharmaguy

Sal1204

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
Understood. Thanks for sharing.
May be they would have defined a new travelers COVID test(paid by the traveler) because many other countries are asking for it nowadays.
Yeah they are charging for the test if you are travelling but otherwise it’s free. I think they are just trying to avoid travel outside the country

Patel3011

Star Member
Feb 12, 2021
What is ghost update ? Some of u guys talk about it but i don't know what is ghost update can someone tell me about it?