+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

d13

Jun 9, 2020
Mine are 4 days apart and here is my understanding :

Date Submitted : It is showing the date on which I was able to link my PR card application.

Date received : It is showing the date of approval for my PR application, may be while approving the officer has option to create a PR card application.
What that means data received date?j don't know about that

satrajit81

Nov 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-05-2020
Hi All - I sent my photos to Etobicoke office around mid-Feb. I see that the current processing time is 129 days as per IRCC website.
Do we know when was the last update of any person receiving PR cards from Etobicoke (through physical mail process)? Please let me know, so that I can set my expectations :D

Reactions: halu

rami3332

Jun 15, 2020
If it is very urgent then you could look for other option to apply for PRTD.

I have received the following response to my webform query :

"Furthermore, if you are (or plan to be) outside Canada without a valid permanent resident card (PR card) and you need to return to Canada on a commercial vehicle (e.g., plane, train, boat or bus), you may be able to obtain a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) to travel back to Canada by following the steps below."
Thank you for your reply. PRTD takes time for it. Can I apply to it before leaving Canada. As I need stay home only 2 weeks, can not stay longer. Thank you/

rami3332

Jun 15, 2020
Will that help linking the PR card appilcaiont online? I Just send the CoPR letter with the photo.. Do you I have to submit an application. Thank you !

dondraper1996

Feb 24, 2021
BAD NEWS FOR ALL OF YOU: Someone in a group chat said that she sent the photo to Etobicoke on JUNE 20, 2020 and had not received the card yet. Called multiple times, got told that they were "too busy" and "not enough staff to handle it". Good luck. :)

dondraper1996

Feb 24, 2021
Thank you for your reply. PRTD takes time for it. Can I apply to it before leaving Canada. As I need stay home only 2 weeks, can not stay longer. Thank you/
I am intending to apply for PRTD in my home country but I am planning to be out of Canada for a year. How can you stay just 2 weeks? the quaratine is more than 2 weeks for my home country. I dont think its possible to get the PRTD within 2 weeks anyways.

rami3332

Jun 15, 2020
I am intending to apply for PRTD in my home country but I am planning to be out of Canada for a year. How can you stay just 2 weeks? the quaratine is more than 2 weeks for my home country. I dont think its possible to get the PRTD within 2 weeks anyways.
I'm already vaccinated. no need to quarantine back home if you are vaccinated.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Will that help linking the PR card appilcaiont online? I Just send the CoPR letter with the photo.. Do you I have to submit an application. Thank you !
It won't expedite anything if that's what you're asking. You can Google how to link pr card application, there's no need to submit an application, there will be one in the system for you to link, just Google it.

As for getting PRTD, really use your judgment. Can your schedule tolerate a potentially long delay? Some people aren't that established in Canada and can go abroad for a long time, others, are actually working here and have family who is also working and studying. If you are from the second group, you can't take an unpredictable long delay in coming back, as that translates into a potential loss of your job and kids missing daycare/school etc.

rami3332

Jun 15, 2020
It won't expedite anything if that's what you're asking. You can Google how to link pr card application, there's no need to submit an application, there will be one in the system for you to link, just Google it.

As for getting PRTD, really use your judgment. Can your schedule tolerate a potentially long delay? Some people aren't that established in Canada and can go abroad for a long time, others, are actually working here and have family who is also working and studying. If you are from the second group, you can't take an unpredictable long delay in coming back, as that translates into a potential loss of your job and kids missing daycare/school etc.
Thank you again for your reply, I am a surgeon and have a patients waiting for me back home, as well as my clinic issues.. luckily their surgeries are not urgent neither my clinic issues back home non urgent.. but waiting till July no best option..

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Thank you again for your reply, I am a surgeon and have a patients waiting for me back home, as well as my clinic issues.. luckily their surgeries are not urgent neither my clinic issues back home non urgent.. but waiting till July no best option..
It's a bad situation we are in, at the mercy of people who have no incentive to produce an output and can indefinitely delay the process thanks to the COVID excuse. This is certainly an area that shouldn't be affected by COVID, scan the photo and print the thing. No human interaction required.

Reactions: Fadros and rami3332

Navneet2000

Dec 17, 2020
what is Eobicoke phone number asking them about PR card time line? at least to see if they recieve the photos ?? thank you

halu

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
Photos sent to Etobicoke office along with COPR back on Feb 26th, 2021. Has anyone received a PR card recently? I could not find a single person who has received it.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Photos sent to Etobicoke office along with COPR back on Feb 26th, 2021. Has anyone received a PR card recently? I could not find a single person who has received it.
Apparently they have stopped processing them since November or so, according to forum members; there's a huge number of people waiting since November.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: halu