+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

I Can & I Will

Oct 27, 2021
This is very helpful.

Thanks a lot for the information.
Hi All,

I sent an email today morning to IRCC Portal asking for an update on first PR cards for my dependents and me.

They replied 1 hour back stating "photos are sent to production team and once completed they will mail the PR cards to home address."

Question - when they say photos are sent to production team, does that mean photos are approved and sent for printing ?

@Can-Brits - thanks for guiding on how to contact IRCC on PR card status :)

VincentVally

Feb 14, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
27-11-2022
Hi All,

I sent an email today morning to IRCC Portal asking for an update on first PR cards for my dependents and me.

They replied 1 hour back stating "photos are sent to production team and once completed they will mail the PR cards to home address."

Question - when they say photos are sent to production team, does that mean photos are approved and sent for printing ?

Same for me. I got reply today saying photos are sent to production team and once completed they will mail the PR cards to home address. I checked GCkey account, I got an instant GU. So my understanding is that photo is approved. And we just need to wait for final approval and mail in Gckey (usually in a week, few days).

Reactions: Can-Brits and RMR

I Can & I Will

Oct 27, 2021
Same for me. I got reply today saying photos are sent to production team and once completed they will mail the PR cards to home address. I checked GCkey account, I got an instant GU. So my understanding is that photo is approved. And we just need to wait for final approval and mail in Gckey (usually in a week, few days).
Thanks for your reply.

After reading your message, i checked my GCkey account. Yes i have also got GU.

Hopefully we should receive our PR cards soon :)

Reactions: RMR

RMR

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
What day did you receive ECOPR?

RMR

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Thanks for your reply.

Did you wait for the standard service time to email them? like 35 days and more or you did contact them before 35 days?

Can-Brits

Star Member
Jan 25, 2023
Category........
CEC
Hi All,

Amazing news!! I am glad this has helped others. It is annoying we have to chase them up, but it's great the IRCC are actually responding and taking action.

Good luck everyone!

Can-Brits

Star Member
Jan 25, 2023
Category........
CEC
Did you wait for the standard service time to email them? like 35 days and more or you did contact them before 35 days?
Yes you do need to wait until you exceed the processing time.
They state they will not respond to any queries that are still within the stated processing times.

Can-Brits

Star Member
Jan 25, 2023
Category........
CEC
I would assume this is through an out-sourced company. I highly doubt the IRCC has the facilities to print tens of thousands PR Cards each year? I might be wrong though.

Hopefully the strikes don't affect this. However, an agent does need to approve the photo. So the strike might affect this? Fingers crossed you are all good for July!!
I do believe you can submit a urgent travel request to process your card quicker, you need to provide proof of travel, i.e. flight info, hotel and so on. I saw this on another thread, this is as far as my knowledge goes but I am pretty sure you can do this.

Process is as follows:
  1. Portal email 1 & 2.
  2. Picture and Address submitted.
  3. eCoPR to follow.
  4. PR Card Ghost update 1 (GC Key). This means you picture has been approved and sent to the production team.
  5. PR Card Approved & Mailed. PR Card in GC Key will change to approved and mailed, and I believe you get a seperate email saying this too.
  6. PR Card received. Process is finally complete and you can forget about the IRCC for a few years at least.... phew! lol!!

RMR

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
I would assume this is through an out-sourced company. I highly doubt the IRCC has the facilities to print tens of thousands PR Cards each year? I might be wrong though.

Hopefully the strikes don't affect this. However, an agent does need to approve the photo. So the strike might affect this? Fingers crossed you are all good for July!!
I do believe you can submit a urgent travel request to process your card quicker, you need to provide proof of travel, i.e. flight info, hotel and so on. I saw this on another thread, this is as far as my knowledge goes but I am pretty sure you can do this.

Process is as follows:
  1. Portal email 1 & 2.
  2. Picture and Address submitted.
  3. eCoPR to follow.
  4. PR Card Ghost update 1 (GC Key). This means you picture has been approved and sent to the production team.
  5. PR Card Approved & Mailed. PR Card in GC Key will change to approved and mailed, and I believe you get a seperate email saying this too.
  6. PR Card received. Process is finally complete and you can forget about the IRCC for a few years at least.... phew! lol!!
Hey Did you receive your PR Card yet?

MonicaCG

Apr 13, 2023
Thanks for your reply.

Hi I Have almost the same eCOPR date as you but the 6 weeks haven't passed so I was hesitant to contact them by email. I haven't received any GU. We don't have to wait the 6 weeks?