+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

vivekvinod74

May 11, 2019
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
22-12-2022
Hi everyone,
I got my ecopr on March 23rd and no updates since then. I have linked my pr card application to my gckey account as well.
I have plans to visit the US by private vehicle and I'm not sure if I will be able to come back to Canada without a pr card. With IRCC workers going on strike, I'm afraid I won't get the pr card on time. Do I need to apply for a PRTD before coming back to Canada? How long does it take?
You don't need a PR Card to enter Canada by private vehicle from the US.

Can-Brits

Star Member
Jan 25, 2023
Category........
CEC
Update!! We received a reply from the IRCC portal this morning stating our PR Card photos were approved (GU in GCKey as well).

To everyone waiting longer than the processing time stated here (PR Card Processing time), you can email the IRCC portal email that is listed in your initial PR Portal email. I reached out stating I hadn't had an update since the 7th of March and this exceeded the IRCC processing times for first time PR Cards, and asked them politely to help and look into this.
My email was sent on April 3rd and I received the reply this morning (April 13th) at 7:55AM. Good luck everyone!!

eCoPR: Feb 15th
PR Card photo rejected: March 6th (New photo uploaded March 7th)
PR Card Ghost update: April 13th
PR Mailed: Pending
PR Received: Pending

Mo_fazz

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Update!! We received a reply from the IRCC portal this morning stating our PR Card photos were approved (GU in GCKey as well).

To everyone waiting longer than the processing time stated here (PR Card Processing time), you can email the IRCC portal email that is listed in your initial PR Portal email. I reached out stating I hadn't had an update since the 7th of March and this exceeded the IRCC processing times for first time PR Cards, and asked them politely to help and look into this.
My email was sent on April 3rd and I received the reply this morning (April 13th) at 7:55AM. Good luck everyone!!

Thank you for this info! Will try my luck as well!

Reactions: Can-Brits

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Can you send me a link that confirms this?
I have been looking at this Return to Canada without PR card
and this link but none of them says that I can use copr for entry by land. I just want to be sure. Thanks.
Yeah unfortunately I know those links don’t explicitly say that. But if you search on the forum there are people who have done this, and also if you look into the wording you will notice the issue for travelling without PR card or PRTD is you may not be allowed to BOARD ( a plane or a bus), it’s never than CBSA will deny entry. Under IRPA permanent residents have the RIGHT to enter Canada as long as their identity can be verified.

edit: more discussions herehttps://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/enter-canada-via-land-border-using-copr.784009/#post-10337182

Reactions: RMR and bigbangskh

bigbangskh

Feb 15, 2023
Yeah unfortunately I know those links don’t explicitly say that. But if you search on the forum there are people who have done this, and also if you look into the wording you will notice the issue for travelling without PR card or PRTD is you may not be allowed to BOARD ( a plane or a bus), it’s never than CBSA will deny entry. Under IRPA permanent residents have the RIGHT to enter Canada as long as their identity can be verified.

edit: more discussions herehttps://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/enter-canada-via-land-border-using-copr.784009/#post-10337182
Thanks for clarifying. This is pretty reassuring. I will take a look at similar threads too, but what you're saying makes sense.

Reactions: cz999

I Can & I Will

Oct 27, 2021

This is very helpful.

Thanks a lot for the information.

CampbellR

Star Member
Feb 21, 2022
Category........
PNP
hey, folks. how will ircc let me know that my card will be sent? my photo just got approved today and my wife's one got rejected. My portal is changed to closed case and seemingly will not get updated any more. so will I receive a notification for mailing pr card by Email?

Ananya9101

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
hey, folks. how will ircc let me know that my card will be sent? my photo just got approved today and my wife's one got rejected. My portal is changed to closed case and seemingly will not get updated any more. so will I receive a notification for mailing pr card by Email?
Link yours and your wife's PR card application to your GCKey account. Once PR card is mailed, you will be able to see the notification on GCKey.

MonicaCG

Apr 13, 2023
Hi All,

I hope you all are doing well !

I would like to know anyone who got eCOPR between 6th & 10th March 2023, did you get PR card ?

I got eCOPR on 8th March 2023, still there is no update on PR card.
I got e COPR on March 9th 2023 and still no update either, VO Ethobicoke.