+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021
Can you write more specific? please. I sent photo through mail on APril 1 st. Did i do anything wrong? they gave 25k means? Thanks
U did not get invitation for the portal and sent your photos by mail. U did everything correctly! just wait and approximately in August/September you will get your card

anusanker12

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Hello- keeping a track of the dates on this thread it seems like Etobicoke office is now taking 15 days to get through 1 month of PR cards. Processing of cards delivered in Jan started around May 15th, and seems like they are now picking up the Feb ones.
Thoughts?
Did you get the option to upload the photo online? I got copr on april 1. Sent photo via postal and stil waiting for pr card. Nothing requested to submit online.

Yash07

Jul 28, 2016
i just double checked and, apparently, they responded to my IRCC Web form, not my email. I received a response via email, so I automatically assumed it was sent from Etobicoke’s IRCC email. Sorry if I confused anyone!
For reference, I submitted the Web form on May 26th.
Hey Ann,
Any update?

KyleLowry7

Jun 22, 2019
People are talking about ghost updates on this thread. What the hell is a ghost update anyways? What does it look like?
My photo got delivered to the Etobicoke office on Jan 25th so I guess I will be receiving this so called "ghost update" soon.
Please let me know what this looks like on the website so that I know I've got one.

Also, I linked the application to my account and the status is still showing "submitted". This will change to "approved" after the ghost update, right?

Chanduss

Jun 22, 2020
People are talking about ghost updates on this thread. What the hell is a ghost update anyways? What does it look like?
My photo got delivered to the Etobicoke office on Jan 25th so I guess I will be receiving this so called "ghost update" soon.
Please let me know what this looks like on the website so that I know I've got one.

Also, I linked the application to my account and the status is still showing "submitted". This will change to "approved" after the ghost update, right?
Once they open your mail you will ghost update to your email saying there is update in your application

Reactions: KyleLowry7

anusanker12

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019

Yea, it wil show as "Updated " when you login for once. SO we cannot see what is updated . But they are updated your file . Then next day or so you will see actual updation like approval or whatever in your portal.

Reactions: KyleLowry7

vikram1$2$

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
I just checked my mam's card because I was curious about your inquiry. Yes, only month on the front of the card, but at the back of the card it says: PR since dd/mm/year. Probably the month on the front of the card is the same month you became pr but after 5 years. it is weird not to write a year but I am sure there may be a reason or not behind it. IRCC are not the most immaculate people.

Oh, I just saw the English/French explanation. here we go
I received my PR card last week, on the front side it has expiry date , its written like this : 18 MAY / MAI 26, and on the back side Place of landing : xx, PR Since: 17 MAY / MAI 26, Eyes:xx, Height:xx, COB (Country of Birth): xx.

I hope this will help.

vikram1$2$

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Guys, who have received PR card. Does your PR card expiry date has Year as well?

My PR card only says Date and month.
I received my PR card last week, on the front side it has expiry date , its written like this : 18 MAY / MAI 26, and on the back side Place of landing : xx, PR Since: 17 MAY / MAI 26, Eyes:xx, Height:xx, COB (Country of Birth): xx.

I hope this will help.

Vipeanesammurasila

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
I see, thanks for letting me know.

Mine says : 26 May/Mai 26 :)

So, I misunderstood that it is English/French
Can you tell me if your PR card says, you are PR from COPR Date or the from the date your PR Card Application was approved. I believe you got approved sometime in Jan and your Expiry is actually in May 26. Thats looks like more than 5 years