Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-11-2023
Hello Everyone,

Need urgent help....
So sorry to hear that. All what I'm aware of is PRTD (maybe apply for an urgent one), hope it helps you.
Use this application if you are a permanent resident outside Canada who does not have a valid Permanent Resident card (PR card) to return to Canada.
The permanent resident travel document (PRTD) is a temporary official document proving your status as a permanent resident in Canada. It proves to transportation companies that you’re allowed to travel to Canada as a permanent resident if you don’t have a valid PR card in your possession.

Last edited:

cavabien

Mar 6, 2024
Guys I have a question
I have received my eCoPR a month ago and am waiting for the cards.

However I still have a valid work visa. So I was thinking to travel out of country and then come back using my valid Visa since I don't have my first PR card yet.

Will that work?
if not, why? and how? like who will stop me?

Thanks

YOBBIBI

Feb 27, 2024
Guys I have a question

However I still have a valid work visa. So I was thinking to travel out of country and then come back using my valid Visa since I don't have my first PR card yet.

Will that work?

Thanks
Theoretically, you can’t. After got the eCoPR you are the Permanent Residence of Canada. You are not temporary residence any more, all work/study visa, even ETA will be void. You can still go outside, but when you comeback the customs maybe ask. You can apply PRTD or drive back from US.
But I saw some cases that used their visa to enter Canada. Just remind that they can, don’t mean you can. This is your choice.

Last edited:

justcyanide

Dec 13, 2023
Guys I have a question

Will that work?

Thanks
Your work visa is not valid anymore, that plan won't work.

kkincanada

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
I want to travel to my home country while we wait for our PR cards in Canada. The family will travel later when the PR card arrives. They will bring my PR card with them. Is it allowed to travel this way?

Nauman_2017

Mar 28, 2017
Finally PR card arrived yestarday!
If your cards is mailed and take more than 4 wks call them to check status if was mailed to wrong address! Dont wait for 6 wks to call!

Best of luck everyone

VO Etobicoke
eCoPR Jan 16
GU1 -
GU2 Mar 6
Hi where are you calling please, can you share the number...

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
I got my card today!!!!!!!!!
It’s almost 5 months since I got my eCoPR.
Good luck everyone

BTW Canada Post app “MyMail” showed “CANADIAN BANK NOTE COMPANY”. This is PR card.
Congratulations! do you know which office had your card issued? was it Calgary or somewhere else?

jaer

Nov 5, 2021
I got an update on the IRCC portal for the PR card it says "April 26, 2024 Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made." Does anyone knows what does that mean ?

I submitted a web form few days back, may be that initiated something ?
what webform did u submit? urgent processing for PR card?

jaer

Nov 5, 2021
Try to contact the IRCC Etobicoke office which sent you eCOPR confirmation. I replied to the same email on April 7th, that had subject line as "Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident (PR) of Canada!" and mentioned that I need to travel in May to my home country. Then after three weeks, I received a reply from IRCC Etobicoke office that my card has been sent to the production team and then within five days, I had my card in hand.
so its fine to reply on the email? i'm worried coz i have a flight to NYC on 3rd week of June coz i didnt know that the PR card was needed. And before i booked the flight last march i was waiting for my PR approval at that time and talked to IRCC agent and sai that i can use my work visa in re entering Canada but it wasnt the case now...

jaer

Nov 5, 2021
Hi @kkincanada ,

You can create a new GCKey account. Once you are in the account in account home, there will be a link to link an application. Click on that link and select PR Card Application. And use your UCI and last name as the identity documents. The information that they may be requesting, like date of birth, etc enter it exactly like it is in your eCopr (including caps and spaces, commas). It will link your PR Card application to that GcKey profile and you can check for Ghost Updates.
I TRIed doing this just now and was able to link the application,.,,i'm just wondering coz on the account profile it says date submitted May 18? when its only May 17 today im not sure what that is about...

benyamin.2022

Dec 15, 2022
8th May -> CG key ->The card was mailed from the Sydney office
It has been around 11 days since it was mailed, but it has not been delivered yet; the destination is Vancouver. Is that normal? Should I be worried?