PR Card timeline - 2023

narayan55

Star Member
Aug 13, 2010
Thanks for your reply
as my PR card portal account is system gene
rated hence not getting linked to GCKey
i have not applied separately for pr card
after getting e copr Etobicoke i uploaded address and photo to pr portal as required by them for sending pr card
no email further ecopr date is 31st January 2024
please comment
i will be obliged

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thanks for your reply
as my PR card portal account is system gene
rated hence not getting linked to GCKey
i have not applied separately for pr card
after getting e copr Etobicoke i uploaded address and photo to pr portal as required by them for sending pr card
no email further ecopr date is 31st January 2024
please comment
i will be obliged
You need to link pr card to gckey, NOT pr portal.

Also, as I mentioned, this linking will help you track your card status, it doesnt mean you need to APPLY for pr card

lero8153

May 13, 2024
Hi!

I have been monitoring this forum and plenty others for a while now and have noticed a lot of people commenting on their PR card struggles with VO Etobicoke. I have also read that VO Montreal usually takes longer to process e-COPR's whereas their PR cards are relatively fast to receive. Please see my application info below:

CEC inland
AOR: October 14, 2023
Final Decision: February 21, 2024
Review of Eligibility: April 12, 2024 (not sure why this date was after the final decision.. but it is the same date as my e-COPR)
P1: March 4, 2024 (VO Montreal)
P2: March 12, 2024
e-COPR: April 12, 2024 (VO Montreal; expiration date: January 24, 2025)
PR portal update: April 16, 2024 --> request for new photo (submitted new photo on same day)
Linked PR card application to gckey: May 6th, 2024 (wouldn't let me link to gckey before)
PR GU 1 (Final Decision): NA
PR GU 2 (Card mailed): NA
PR card: NA

My question is if anyone who had their e-COPR's processed by Montreal in early April or onwards have received any GU1/GU2 or their cards in general? I can see that the processing time has gone up to 67 days (updated May 7, 2024) but its frustrating to not have any information on where you are in the process and that your old documents just become invalid so you can't even travel (especially for work related purposes). My PR portal still says 'In review with IRCC'. Anyone in a similar situation?

Gurinder0480

Feb 2, 2024
Finally Got my PR card in mailbox Today.

CEC inland
VO- Etobicoke
eCOPR- March 01
GU1- Never received
GU2- May 07
PR card in mailbox- May 13

PR portal status still shows "In review with IRCC".

Good luck everyone. Hope everybody gets their card soon.

narayan55

Star Member
Aug 13, 2010
You need to link pr card to gckey, NOT pr portal.

Also, as I mentioned, this linking will help you track your card status, it doesnt mean you need to APPLY for pr card
okay thanks i will try to link pr card to gc key and update you

samster096

May 6, 2024
Hello everyone,
Anyone know how long it takes to get the PR Card after receiving the eCoPR?
VO: Montreal
P1: April 08
P2: April 30
eCoPR: May 07

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
I got ecopr on 23 Feb 2024 but i didnt get any update for PR card .
Likewise. I called the IRCC and the operator said that he would be contacting the office handling my card to see what is going on. I don't know if that's going to expedite the process but I had to do something about this unreasonable delay.

Nauman_2017

Mar 28, 2017
Still awaiting GU2 , ecopr was 15th Feb, GU1 : 1st May - should i take any action or just wait more ? is it normal to have 2 weeks between GU1 and GU2 ?

justcyanide

Dec 13, 2023
At what point should I start to seriously worry?

Ecopr: Apr 5 (VO Montreal)
GU1: Apr 9 (Final decision - April 9, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.)
No further updates :confused:
I wonder if they are going to reject the photo, but it still says "under review" in the portal.

Icing on the cake... husband's card arrived on Apr 16 (did not track updates, still says "under review" in the portal as well).

I have travel planned for mid June :rolleyes::rolleyes:

km123456

May 15, 2024
Hello Everyone,

Need urgent help. I applied PR with my wife, she got her PR card but I have not received it yet. I emailed IRCC and they said that they dispatched my partner’s card on April 16th and mine was dispatched on April 17th. I tried to call IRCC and all they say is to wait till 6 weeks and even after that if you haven’t received the card then apply for Solemn Declaration. I tried to call Canada Post and they said there is no way that they can help me as it doesn't not have any tracking number.
I know when I apply for Solemn Declaration, it will take another 5 months and I need to travel before that.

Is there something I can do? Any help will be appreciated.