+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card status on ecas after landing

Mar 4, 2014
Hey hey,

Does ecas show the status of PR cards after landing? I landed a month ago and apart from "complete" under my PR application, I don't see anything regarding processing of the actual card.

Thank you guys!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
comeheresummer said:
Does ecas show the status of PR cards after landing?
No - it doesn't.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
It did on mine... It was on the same display area as my completed PR application.

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
comeheresummer said:
Answers seem to be divided.. anyone else care to share their experience?
I landed on 21 January 2014, and my ECAS doesn't show the Permanent Residence Card application. Please note, I have not received my PRC as of 7/4/2014. From what I've mined by digging around the forums is that a separate box for the PRC app status shows just before you receive your PRC, but not in all cases. It may or it may not.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
jazibkg said:
I landed on 21 January 2014, and my ECAS doesn't show the Permanent Residence Card application. Please note, I have not received my PRC as of 7/4/2014. From what I've mined by digging around the forums is that a separate box for the PRC app status shows just before you receive your PRC, but not in all cases. It may or it may not.
It showed up for me, but not for others. the bottom line is "don't trust ECAS". If you are concerned, call the CIC call centre for an update. It *is* possible that it might be lost in the post or that they are requesting that you collect it in person, but the notification was lost.

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
zardoz said:
It showed up for me, but not for others. the bottom line is "don't trust ECAS". If you are concerned, call the CIC call centre for an update. It *is* possible that it might be lost in the post or that they are requesting that you collect it in person, but the notification was lost.
When I called the CIC call centre, they were pretty useless. They couldn't locate the PR Card application being logged on their system. However, they had my current Canadian address.

I have typed in my detailed landing story here on this forum on an another thread but this forum won't allow me to post any links to it. I will copy-paste my post from that thread here:

"Me and my family landed on 21 JANUARY 2014 (ECAS confirms our landing date) at Vancouver International Airport, however it is 4 April 2014 and we have not received our PR cards yet. When we called the CIC call centre 2 days back, CIC couldn't locate our PR card application. Neither does it show a separate box for the PRC on the ECAS - the ECAS only shows our permanent residence application from outside Canada (the immigration application ie) and when clicked on 'complete' shows that we landed at Vancouver International Airport office on 21/1/14. At the time of landing, we provided our correct house address in Canada (a rental house was already arranged by my sister prior to my arrival in Canada) for receipt of PR card.

Current processing times for PRC for new PR are shown as a mere 37 calendar days on processing times on CIC website.

However, today is the 74th day since landing in Vancouver and our expectations were to have received the PRC within a realistic timescale of 8 weeks.

I am stuck outside Canada as I traveled to the UK due to my work commitments and my booked flight back to Vancouver is coming up on 15 April 2014, not even enough time to get a PR travel document from High Commission of Canada in London, England. I was counting on the PR card arriving within realistic timescale and my family couriering it to me. I am a Pakistani passport holder without a US visa, so I cannot switch my destination flight to Seattle and drive to the land WA-BC land border by road.

It is a very big inconvenience and we're feeling frustrated by the inefficiency of CIC in this regard. Feeling helpless. What to do? Should we be worried? Is there a probability our PR card application got lost in transit from British Columbia to Nova Scotia? Or is it an automatic computerized procedure? Or a possibility that due to human error or negligence, Vancouver officials never forwarded our application to Nova Scotia CIC?"

Can you please provide your opinion on the matter? What you are saying is quite plausible however was not confirmed by CIC call centre. Today is the 76th day since me and my family's landing and still no news of the PR card. It is disappointingly sad how inefficient the whole process (and with my short experience in Canada, possibly the entire Canadian system of everything) is.

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
jazibkg said:
When I called the CIC call centre, they were pretty useless. They couldn't locate the PR Card application being logged on their system. However, they had my current Canadian address.

I have typed in my detailed landing story here on this forum on an another thread but this forum won't allow me to post any links to it. I will copy-paste my post from that thread here:

"Me and my family landed on 21 JANUARY 2014 (ECAS confirms our landing date) at Vancouver International Airport, however it is 4 April 2014 and we have not received our PR cards yet. When we called the CIC call centre 2 days back, CIC couldn't locate our PR card application. Neither does it show a separate box for the PRC on the ECAS - the ECAS only shows our permanent residence application from outside Canada (the immigration application ie) and when clicked on 'complete' shows that we landed at Vancouver International Airport office on 21/1/14. At the time of landing, we provided our correct house address in Canada (a rental house was already arranged by my sister prior to my arrival in Canada) for receipt of PR card.

Current processing times for PRC for new PR are shown as a mere 37 calendar days on processing times on CIC website.

However, today is the 74th day since landing in Vancouver and our expectations were to have received the PRC within a realistic timescale of 8 weeks.

I am stuck outside Canada as I traveled to the UK due to my work commitments and my booked flight back to Vancouver is coming up on 15 April 2014, not even enough time to get a PR travel document from High Commission of Canada in London, England. I was counting on the PR card arriving within realistic timescale and my family couriering it to me. I am a Pakistani passport holder without a US visa, so I cannot switch my destination flight to Seattle and drive to the land WA-BC land border by road.

It is a very big inconvenience and we're feeling frustrated by the inefficiency of CIC in this regard. Feeling helpless. What to do? Should we be worried? Is there a probability our PR card application got lost in transit from British Columbia to Nova Scotia? Or is it an automatic computerized procedure? Or a possibility that due to human error or negligence, Vancouver officials never forwarded our application to Nova Scotia CIC?"

Can you please provide your opinion on the matter? What you are saying is quite plausible however was not confirmed by CIC call centre. Today is the 76th day since me and my family's landing and still no news of the PR card. It is disappointingly sad how inefficient the whole process (and with my short experience in Canada, possibly the entire Canadian system of everything) is.

smk_ujs

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
hi Jazbik,

did you get any notification on ECAS that your pr card application was received etc and that the card was dispatched?