+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Solemn Declaration Processing Time

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Hi All
Sadly I have now joined the club relevant to this thread - submitted solemn declaration for never delivered (renewal) PR card on Feb 9th.
I will update on any progress, but my understanding this now means a delay for several months...

RP21

Nov 15, 2021
I can see PR card application progress changed from approved to in progress. Does that mean my solemn declaration form is now being processed?

Hey @Guri1992, did you receive your PR card? Did you have any such update? Please advise.

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
I can see PR card application progress changed from approved to in progress. Does that mean my solemn declaration form is now being processed?

Hey @Guri1992, did you receive your PR card? Did you have any such update? Please advise.
I think you are right and they started processing your SD. When did you send it?

Guri1992

Aug 17, 2020

Yes mine status had updated last week. It shows submitted now. This means that they have received solemn declaration. Let’s see when will they process and dispatch pr card. I had submitted solemn declaration on 11th of October. I will post updates here as soon as possible.

Dukongo

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
I received my PR card yesterday. However, it was not the solemn declaration what helped. One month ago I called IRCC and spoke to an agent about my lost card, solemn declaration, etc. Initially the agent told me that I have to wait for the solemn declaration to be processed etc etc… Nonetheless I asked her to put a note on my file couse I knew my card was returned to their facility (reason why it was not delivered before was because the unit number of my condo was missing). Anyway, after discussing for couple minutes she agreed to put this note on my profile; basically requesting whoever has my card to resend it (including my unit number). I advise to do the same if you are in the same situation (card was no delivered). I know someone else who did the same and got the card within a month as well. Note that this will work only if your card was returned, it wouldn’t be applicable it the card was lost, stolen, etc.

Guri1992

Aug 17, 2020
Yes mine status had updated last week. It shows submitted now. This means that they have received solemn declaration. Let’s see when will they process and dispatch pr card. I had submitted solemn declaration on 11th of October. I will post updates here as soon as possible.
Received my pr card today after so long. Best of luck guys

Newcomer87

Mar 2, 2021
Received my pr card today after so long. Best of luck guys
Did you get notified by e mail from your online account also ? I sent my SD on October 15th. my never received card status still shows approved on my profile no changes. But old card information was removed.

YKW

Mar 12, 2022
Did you get notified by e mail from your online account also ? I sent my SD on October 15th. my never received card status still shows approved on my profile no changes. But old card information was removed.
Any news?
I faxed my Solemn Declaration on Nov 1st. No news yet.

Caramel005

Apr 2, 2021
I received my PR card yesterday. However, it was not the solemn declaration what helped. One month ago I called IRCC and spoke to an agent about my lost card, solemn declaration, etc. Initially the agent told me that I have to wait for the solemn declaration to be processed etc etc… Nonetheless I asked her to put a note on my file couse I knew my card was returned to their facility (reason why it was not delivered before was because the unit number of my condo was missing). Anyway, after discussing for couple minutes she agreed to put this note on my profile; basically requesting whoever has my card to resend it (including my unit number). I advise to do the same if you are in the same situation (card was no delivered). I know someone else who did the same and got the card within a month as well. Note that this will work only if your card was returned, it wouldn’t be applicable it the card was lost, stolen, etc.
Something similar happened to me. I have not been able to speak to a live agent so I reached out to my MP. While MP was working on it, I also sent Solemn declaration. I just received my card in the mail a few days after. How do I 'stop' the solemn declaration process? or do I do nothing?

Newcomer87

Mar 2, 2021
No news here. I have tried to call every day this week without being able to speak to an agent. Is contacting an MP an option when you are not a citizen?
Well actually i spoke to an agent yesterday she said card was approved and sent for production since march 3rd. But the problem is she said card will mail to my old address which i moved out after sending solemn declaration. She said its not possible to change the address. I didn’t understand i called and updated address so why would they still send it to old address? That seemed so awkward to me. I sent a webform explaining my situation so i dont know. i have no idea if contacting mp would resolve the problem. People on this forum write so often they contact their local mps.

YKW

Mar 12, 2022
Well actually i spoke to an agent yesterday she said card was approved and sent for production since march 3rd. But the problem is she said card will mail to my old address which i moved out after sending solemn declaration. She said its not possible to change the address. I didn’t understand i called and updated address so why would they still send it to old address? That seemed so awkward to me. I sent a webform explaining my situation so i dont know. i have no idea if contacting mp would resolve the problem. People on this forum write so often they contact their local mps.
That must be very frustrating, although not surprising - my card was sent to the wrong address (which is not even a real address) last June and that's why I'm still waiting for the replacement. Is there any way you can contact the people who live at your old address? That might be your best option