+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Solemn Declaration Processing Time

Newcomer87

Mar 2, 2021
That must be very frustrating, although not surprising - my card was sent to the wrong address (which is not even a real address) last June and that's why I'm still waiting for the replacement. Is there any way you can contact the people who live at your old address? That might be your best option
It’s frustrating and stressful, yes I already contacted with my ex landlady, but its still not too secure way. Now some new tenants living there so since they send it with regular mail (not even signature required mail) if they throw away the envelope i have nothing to do with it. I don’t understand why IRCC doing this to immigrants and permanent residents , when citizens apply for passport they can collect it next business day or if they wish to get it mailed it never get lost never goes to wrong addresses. but when immigrants apply for some documents irrc cant print and send it for over one year. lame.

YKW

Mar 12, 2022
Finally received my new PR Card yesterday March 24. Here is the timeline for anyone in the same situation:
Sent original application: March 16th, 2021
Sent Solemn Declaration: Nov 2nd, 2021 (by Fax)
Received Card March 24th, 2022

Newcomer87

Mar 2, 2021
Finally received my new PR Card yesterday March 24. Here is the timeline for anyone in the same situation:
Sent original application: March 16th, 2021
Sent Solemn Declaration: Nov 2nd, 2021 (by Fax)
Received Card March 24th, 2022
Congratulations.. thats a long time wait. I just got a message on my profile that my card has mailed march 24th. Will see how long it takes to drop in my mail.

Manni19

Mar 29, 2022
Congratulations.. thats a long time wait. I just got a message on my profile that my card has mailed march 24th. Will see how long it takes to drop in my mail.
Hi, my card also mailed on 24th of march. Did u receive ur card in the mail or not yet.

negareshm

Feb 18, 2022
Hi Folks, we sent the form by regular mail Canada post on October 21,2021 to Sydney. No updates yet. Can you tell me what kind of update should I expect to receive from IRCC? Will I get a notification email? Or should I check the IRCC account myself? It's really frustrating. We can't leave the country and nobody answers.

Newcomer87

Mar 2, 2021
Hi Folks, we sent the form by regular mail Canada post on October 21,2021 to Sydney. No updates yet. Can you tell me what kind of update should I expect to receive from IRCC? Will I get a notification email? Or should I check the IRCC account myself? It's really frustrating. We can't leave the country and nobody answers.
Hi you should call the irrc number 1 (888) 242-2100 and try to speak to a call center agent thats the only way you can get info about SD, i sent mine 15th October by regular mail also got my card in my old address on monday.

Reactions: negareshm

negareshm

Feb 18, 2022
Hi you should call the irrc number 1 (888) 242-2100 and try to speak to a call center agent thats the only way you can get info about SD, i sent mine 15th October by regular mail also got my card in my old address on monday.
Thanks for the reply. Did you receive your card on Monday April 4th? Did you get any update email before receiving the card?

Newcomer87

Mar 2, 2021
Thanks for the reply. Did you receive your card on Monday April 4th? Did you get any update email before receiving the card?
Actually it arrived on Wednesday march 30th I collected it from my ex landlord on monday 4th april. Yes my profile was updated i got an e mail notification since i linked my first card application to my account , it said we mailed your card on 24th march.

Reactions: negareshm

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Actually it arrived on Wednesday march 30th I collected it from my ex landlord on monday 4th april. Yes my profile was updated i got an e mail notification since i linked my first card application to my account , it said we mailed your card on 24th march.
Can I ask if you received the card to the address specified on your SD? Thanks!