Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
GustavesF said:
I've sent in an urgent processing request, this is apparently the only way to contact the useless office that does the PR cards.
this is not true in my experience. there is a form you can send into the PR processing centre for a lost/missing PR card inquiry. I did this when i hadn't received my pr card after 6 mo. Got my card 2 weeks after submitting my inquiry. Have you submitted the inquiry form? I'm not sure what the form number is. to get it, i called the call centre, chose the option to be connected to the PR processing centre and they explained where i could find it on the CIC site.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Well I work for another part of the government at the moment, and they are sending things via courier instead if there's a strike. I seriously doubt CIC will just stop the mail, they will send it some other way.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
CDNPR2014 said:
this is not true in my experience. there is a form you can send into the PR processing centre for a lost/missing PR card inquiry. I did this when i hadn't received my pr card after 6 mo. Got my card 2 weeks after submitting my inquiry. Have you submitted the inquiry form? I'm not sure what the form number is. to get it, i called the call centre, chose the option to be connected to the PR processing centre and they explained where i could find it on the CIC site.
Interestingly, I did exactly that.

The agent directed me to "the form".
I use quotations because to my dismay there was no inquiry for "lost/missing PR card", only for "request urgent processing of renewal PR card" and "replacement and renewal PR card".
I forced the agent to stay on the phone with me till I was satisfied I found the correct form.
He told me to use "request urgent processing of renewal PR card".
I told him that it's a first time card, not a replacement.
He said it didn't matter, that those inquires go to the correct office.

Maybe they removed the option you selected in the past.
Either that or the agent I talked to was a complete moron.

Both items are viable. I'll be calling again next week anyway. I wonder what they'll tell me next time.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Aquakitty said:
Well I work for another part of the government at the moment, and they are sending things via courier instead if there's a strike. I seriously doubt CIC will just stop the mail, they will send it some other way.
CIC? Seriously? Those useless sacks of garbage?

The same ministry that can't even be bothered to process applications in order of receipt?
The same ministry that doesn't even know if an application was *sent* to them until processing times are elapsed and an MP checks on them?

I would be shocked if CIC, the bottom of the barrel, could be bothered to send it some other way.

We'd be better off just waiting the extra 40 days than having them lose 50% more than they normally lose as a result of them trying to use a courier.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
CIC? Seriously? Those useless sacks of garbage?

The same ministry that can't even be bothered to process applications in order of receipt?
The same ministry that doesn't even know if an application was *sent* to them until processing times are elapsed and an MP checks on them?

I would be shocked if CIC, the bottom of the barrel, could be bothered to send it some other way.

We'd be better off just waiting the extra 40 days than having them lose 50% more than they normally lose as a result of them trying to use a courier.
So...if your card arrives (hey, it could happen)...where are you going for your much needed vacation? Planning a 30 hour flight to some tropical locale? ;D

nmclean

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
Doc's Request.
28-01-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
28-06-2016
Aquakitty said:
I would not be surprised if CIC does just make everyone wait it out. After all, that's exactly what they did when CP went on strike 5 years ago:

Please note that the estimated application processing times in Canada available on the website may be longer than expected given the interruption in mail services.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/canada-post-strike.asp

They advised applicants to send them documents via courier, but made no mention of returning the favor.

The only mention I can find from them so far about this year's disruption is on the passport page. Again, their solution appears to be "wait":

Effective immediately, if you do not have upcoming travel plans, we recommend you wait to submit a passport or travel document application to avoid the postal disruption and potentially long wait times at passport service locations.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
GustavesF and Ponga...I am with you...when we landed the process time was 41 days...when I looked the other day it was 58 days...we emailed CIC, and they told us to look at the processing times....In my first email I stated it was over both processing times...In the second email I said can some one please read this request cause apparently no read the first one cause the answer made no sense...The only thing that bothers me about this is my poor hubby's drivers licence expires on 15JUL2016 cause its only valid for 60 days and he will have to take time off of work to change it only to have to do it again when the card comes...As well they will not give him Service BC/MSP card until he has his PR and he can not get a BC ID until he gets his PR...and now with Canada Post...All I can do is shake my head...

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
When Canada Post went on strike 5 years ago, I was in the middle of my Canadian Citizenship application. They sent me a letter requesting Fingerprints/RCMP clearance, and I received this letter months after. Normal processing time for these applications was about a year back then, and mine took over two years because of this missing piece of mail.

I HIGHLY DOUBT that CIC would attempt to send any mail in a different manner. Unless you paid for the courier...

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
I dunno, we just got orders to mail via Purolator, and CIC with the new gov. doesn't want to look bad. Maybe your citizenship doc request got stuck in between. But still it's worrisome there is no word from CIC about this yet.

Canada Post services may be interrupted
If a mail disruption does take place, check our website before you apply. We will keep you updated as more information becomes available.

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Well, what are they supposed to say?
We don't even know if this strike will happen or not so they can't make any decision.
And if the strike does happen, CIC will probably just say DO NOT USE CANADA POST TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION, which is kind of obvious.
And for PR cards, they will probably make people pick them up from local offices. Actually, now that I think about it I have never had a PR card mailed to me. I've always had to go and pick it up in person.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
annakrystyna13 said:
Well, what are they supposed to say?
We don't even know if this strike will happen or not so they can't make any decision.
And if the strike does happen, CIC will probably just say DO NOT USE CANADA POST TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION, which is kind of obvious.
And for PR cards, they will probably make people pick them up from local offices. Actually, now that I think about it I have never had a PR card mailed to me. I've always had to go and pick it up in person.
The place that makes the PR cards is in Nova Scotia, so somewhere along the way they're getting mailed, and I'm betting they're using Canada Post or nothing.

Reactions: Rahul_Ram1008

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Sunset0505 said:
GustavesF and Ponga...I am with you...when we landed the process time was 41 days...when I looked the other day it was 58 days...we emailed CIC, and they told us to look at the processing times....In my first email I stated it was over both processing times...In the second email I said can some one please read this request cause apparently no read the first one cause the answer made no sense...The only thing that bothers me about this is my poor hubby's drivers licence expires on 15JUL2016 cause its only valid for 60 days and he will have to take time off of work to change it only to have to do it again when the card comes...As well they will not give him Service BC/MSP card until he has his PR and he can not get a BC ID until he gets his PR...and now with Canada Post...All I can do is shake my head...
When I applied for PR the wait time for phase 1 was 8 months.
I sent an inquiry after 10 months of radio silence (no AOR), the auto-reply said to expect a response within 30 days.
I got a response after 4 months that was basically copy pasted from somewhere to the tune of "you're within normal processing times".

This Canada post thing is probably going to tax their tiny brains to explosion, maybe then we'd get a new CIC. This one sucks.

I bet I'd get my PR card faster if I just re-applied for sponsorship after the strike is over.
I've already waited what I expected to wait for phase 1... to get my PR card mailed to me...