+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card - Seniors Please Advice @

sagara

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Dear All,

We expect to land toronto (on PR) and return back after 6 weeks to go back again in 2012.
My question is it true that i can apply for faster processing by informing them that i will be in canada about 6 weeks
to prove that i can produced the return ticket which i already bought?
Please Advice

Sagara

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
Re: PR Card - Seniors Please Advice @

sagara said:
Dear All,

We expect to land toronto (on PR) and return back after 6 weeks to go back again in 2012.
My question is it true that i can apply for faster processing by informing them that i will be in canada about 6 weeks
Please Advice

Sagara
That's true. At the time of landing, u need to update IO. A defined procedure is in place for the same
asyousuf

rmdc111

Feb 22, 2010

Hi Sagara

I'm very happy to hear about you getting the PR and all the very best to you in all you future endeavours in Canada

I also applied under ICT 0213 in Sep 2009 and my case is still in process!! I sent a lot of emails asking why and not a single reasonable reply!

Can I please ask you, did you have to do anything to speed up your application status or what was your communications were like with them at the embassy in Colombo?

Thanks

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011

Incidentally what's the fastest the PR cards ever get issued?

I know it's a big ask, but we are in Canada for 13 days and it would be very handy if they arrived before we flew back to the UK :) I appreciate it's usually at least 4+ weeks.

Wayne.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011

sagara said:
Dear All,

Please Advice

Sagara
Currently the wait time for the first time PR is around 40 business days; that's 8 weeks or sometimes more since they just send it through Canada post snail mail. Telling them that you would not be in Canada long enough to collect the PR and that you would return for good later may not be a good idea. Coz they may suspend processing of the PR card and ask u to return for good and then have the card processed. This does not affect your PR status, the card's for getting u into Canada. Without a valid PR card u could always reenter using the travel document. Best thing is to just give them a Canadian address and have ur friend courier it to u, if u need to leave b4 the card arrives...
cprak0

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada

cprak0 said:
Currently the wait time for the first time PR is around 40 business days; that's 8 weeks or sometimes more since they just send it through Canada post snail mail. Telling them that you would not be in Canada long enough to collect the PR and that you would return for good later may not be a good idea. Coz they may suspend processing of the PR card and ask u to return for good and then have the card processed. This does not affect your PR status, the card's for getting u into Canada. Without a valid PR card u could always reenter using the travel document. Best thing is to just give them a Canadian address and have ur friend courier it to u, if u need to leave b4 the card arrives...
cprak0
I fully agree with cprak0.