+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card renewal

kami87

May 2, 2011
Hi Leon, Alabaman and Other experts,

Thank you for your advices in the past.

My PR card application is still in the local office and now they have increased time to 18 months.

I have been to the local MP office and she advised to wait...

Despite fulfilling the residency requirements, my life becomes miserable.

Now I would complete 3 years in end of May 2012. Can I apply for Citizenship considering that my PR Card application is in the local office for residency redetermination?

Also If I have to go outside Canada in Summer after Citizenship application, Can they reject my travel document with 3 years of Physical presence in the past 5years due to residency redetermination in the local office?

Waiting for your replies and Thank you in Advance..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You submitted your PR card renewal before you met the 730 day residency requirement - correct? If so, then I would not risk leaving the country until you have your renewed PR card in hand.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry about your situation. I feel you pain. Yes you can go ahead and apply for Citizenship in May 2012. Make sure you have the number of days though and always keep enough proof that you have being in the country. How long do you have to go outside Canada in the summer? Thats a bit risky because you will need a way to come back and I dont trust those embassy guys... once they know you already have a residency questionairre.

If you want to take this to another level, get the attention of the media and you will be surprised how fast you will get your PR Card.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
You submitted your PR card renewal before you met the 730 day residency requirement - correct? If so, then I would not risk leaving the country until you have your renewed PR card in hand.
He said "Despite fulfilling the residency requirements, my life becomes miserable"

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Alabaman said:
He said "Despite fulfilling the residency requirements, my life becomes miserable"
Actually - if you look through his historic posts, he did in fact submit his renewal application before he met the 730 day residency requirement. He was about two weeks early.

kami87

May 2, 2011
Hi scylla /Alabaman ,

Thank you for your replies.

scylla: you are right I applied two weeks early but I should not get this punishment. They should have returned my application when they can see that I have still time to complete the residency days.

Alabaman: Can you suggest how can I take this to next level that is media?

Also I have not seen my parents for 1.5 years now and I am planning to go for few months in Summer. Once I completed their requirements forcing me to stay here for no reason, what type of justice is this?

Also in April 2011 I went to local office, I was told 6 months, then I went again in August 2011, it becomes 12-15 months. In Dec 2011 it becomes 18 months. In May 2012 who knows it will become 5 years.... means I keep waiting for the PR Card........What type of Justice is this?

Does anybody in this forum got his PR Card renewed from the local office. Can somebody tell how long it takes once they opened your file in the local office....?

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kami87 said:
Alabaman: Can you suggest how can I take this to next level that is media?
Get in touch with the radio stations and news papers in your area. Usually they have immigration correspondents. Let them make your case public (if you are willing to do that) and you will see that someone from CIC will contact you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Actually - if you look through his historic posts, he did in fact submit his renewal application before he met the 730 day residency requirement. He was about two weeks early.
If he were still able to meet the requirements in his first 5 years as a PR, they should have renewed his PR card. However, it seems common to get an RQ under these circumstances.

I don't really have an answer to that. Could he withdraw his application and apply again, possibly but if he gets RQ again, he will not be any better off.

Alabaman said:
Yes you can go ahead and apply for Citizenship in May 2012. Make sure you have the number of days though and always keep enough proof that you have being in the country.
I don't think he can apply now because he is under investigation at the moment.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-eligibility.asp said:
To become a Canadian citizen, you must have permanent resident status in Canada, and that status must not be in doubt. This means you must not be the subject of an immigration investigation, an immigration inquiry or a removal order (an order from Canadian officials to leave Canada).

kami87

May 2, 2011
Hi Leon/Alabaman,

Thank you for your replies

If I apply for citizenship, I believe they would not start processing it until my PR card issue is sorted but I have been told by CIC agent that if residency calendar is showing that you can apply then you can apply.

Also If I go after citizenship application outside Canada and they reject my Travel Document... Will I not win easily in IAD as I will have three years proof of stay in Canada? Can you advise how long IAD process takes once they reject the Travel Document.

Their rule also states that the CIC must issue the travel document for IAD hearing if the PR was present atleast once in Canada in the last 365 days...

Waiting for your expert advices...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I think you would get a travel document to return. I hope they get a move on your case eventually. Have you discussed this with your MP?

kami87

May 2, 2011
Hi Leon,

Yes I have been to MP office again yesterday but she said you have to wait for 18 months and going out of Canada during this time is risky. Also there is no guarantee that It will be done in 18months...

I don't understand why it's risky. If I go out in summer and then later this year they find out I am genuine then things should be OK. It should be risky for PR who applied without meeting the requirements.. or it's risky for anyone if his application in the local office... What do you think?

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kami87 said:
Hi Leon,

Yes I have been to MP office again yesterday but she said you have to wait for 18 months and going out of Canada during this time is risky. Also there is no guarantee that It will be done in 18months...

I don't understand why it's risky. If I go out in summer and then later this year they find out I am genuine then things should be OK. It should be risky for PR who applied without meeting the requirements.. or it's risky for anyone if his application in the local office... What do you think?
It's risky not because you didn't meet the residency obligation but because an embassy official can look at your application and decide to refuse you a travel document just because you have a residency investigation going on. Of course you can appeal if it comes to this but who knows how long the appeal process would take? Also, now you will be out of Canada which makes it difficult to fight.

AK111

Jan 3, 2012
Kami and all,
Would like to share the case of a friend as her file was in the local office for 6 months only for the investigation too. She travelled overseas and applied for the travel document. Of course, they asked for the proof of reseidency as employer letter or payslip and so on. After about 40 days, they issued her the TD.

The interested thing is: once she arrived to Canada, the file is moved and they issued her and the kids the new PRCs as the embassy outside Canada communicated with the CIC in Canada ! BUT Who is welling to take the risk as every one mentioned and advised !

Also, the MPs are not able to do much in these cases !! they advise to wait and all they do is sending inquires to CIC and wait for the replay

Good luck and update us with the news

kami87

May 2, 2011
Hi Leon/Alabaman and AK111,

Thank you very much for your valuable advices.

I will keep you updated...

asal

Jan 13, 2012
hi kami87
i just found this forum and read ur posts.
my situ is very similar to urs.while i was applying i didnt meet the residency obligation but i had a reason for that,i was a student at uni in my country and i sent my documents to them too.i wanted to know did u have a reason for ur travels outside and did u send any documents to show the necessity of ur travels?
i applied 3 months ago,and like u just recieved a letter that advices me of additional delay,which cases r being sent for questionaire?
thx