PR Card Renewal

Jennnn11

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-12-2020
Hi, I initially applied to renew my PR CARD on april 19 and on June 21 I saw on the portal that it was returned reason is incomplete application. I have checked everything and saw that the digital declaration or consent is highlighted red. So I redo that but since the date is still from April 19th and can’t change it I checked the rest of the application mainly the form to be filled out to see if I missed anything and had to redo the tables to the current date (June 21st) then on to signing the declaration it shows June 21 as the date. Had anyone else experience this type of return reason? And do yoi have any updates now? Thank you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I initially applied to renew my PR CARD on april 19 and on June 21 I saw on the portal that it was returned reason is incomplete application. I have checked everything and saw that the digital declaration or consent is highlighted red. So I redo that but since the date is still from April 19th and can’t change it I checked the rest of the application mainly the form to be filled out to see if I missed anything and had to redo the tables to the current date (June 21st) then on to signing the declaration it shows June 21 as the date. Had anyone else experience this type of return reason? And do yoi have any updates now? Thank you.
Photo issue?

Jennnn11

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-12-2020
It didn’t say photo issue on the returned reason that’s why i did not bother checking the photo. But when I initially uploaded it, it doesn’t say anything. My mistake for not checking.

Jennnn11

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-12-2020
But isn’t is supposed to be highlighted red if the photo was the issue?

Jennnn11

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-12-2020
Photo issue?
Doesn’t it usually says photo issue on the return reason? Because I did not really check the photos i uploaded because I was so in panic mode as to knowing my application was returned

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since the application has been returned, you MAY now need to include evidence of meeting the Residency Obligation...even if you have not left Canada within the last 5 years. The Document Checklist was apparently update earlier and now has the same language.

Prior to the change on June 6, 2023 only a PR that had been outside of Canada for 1095 days or more, needed to provide evidence. Now, everyone does. Joy!

Last edited:

Jennnn11

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-12-2020
I didn’t know that and have submitted my application without adding any supporting evidence. Oh my. Now I’m so anxious. Where is this update can be found? Thanks

Jennnn11

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-12-2020
Should I raised a webform and attach the files needed?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn’t know that and have submitted my application without adding any supporting evidence. Oh my. Now I’m so anxious. Where is this update can be found? Thanks
I updated my previous post. I thought that your application had been returned.:oops:

It wasn't a requirement when you originally applied, but it is now:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html

More info in this thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/“proof-showing-that-you-meet-the-residency-obligation…”-now-mandatory.805920/

Since your application wasn't `Returned', you may not have to do this, but just be prepared if you are asked to provide evidence.

Last edited:

Jennnn11

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-12-2020
The thing is my mindlessness just sign the declaration and resubmit it should I just submit or raised a webform and attach the files needed?
Also my father and sister submitted theirs on April 24th. Should I just wait for their application’s update if it will be returned then submit a webform?

Jennnn11

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-12-2020
I’m just worried that with current processing times given that after 3 months they will return my application again, and wait another 3 months to get my card, I won’t have my it by December which I am about to travel internationally.

Jennnn11

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-12-2020
I updated my previous post. I thought that your application had been returned.:oops:

It wasn't a requirement when you originally applied, but it is now:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html

More info in this thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/“proof-showing-that-you-meet-the-residency-obligation…”-now-mandatory.805920/

Since your application wasn't `Returned', you may not have to do this, but just be prepared if you are asked to provide evidence.
Yes it was returned on June 21. Me, not checking anything as I am really in panic mode and also rage as I have waited 2 months already just sign the declaration and resubmit without changing anything or adding any other proof. Now the processing time is 90+ days. I don’t know if I will have my card by December. Given that after 3 months, they’ll return my application again, then wait for another 3 months or more for processing. December may seems to be a long time but given the timeframe it takes for the applications, I am thinking way too ahead and looking into applying for PRTD if I still don’t have my card by 1st week of December