+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD RENEWAL

hkdvirdi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2013
Hi,

I am new to this forums. I was just searching online for the solution in pr card renewal case. Hope i can find a solution here.

I got my pr card back in june 2006 and i only stayed in canada for 2 months (august 2006) and went back to complete my education in india. After that i came to canada in june 2009 after a gap of 3 years and again went back in august 2009 as i was still in my bachelors program in india. So finally after finishing my studies i came to canada permanently in 2010. My PR card expiration date was 6 june 2011. A lawyer told us to apply after completing 2 years otherwise he said application might be rejected. We did that applied through a immigration agent in october 2012. At that time i did complete my 730 days period and agent also sent all the required documents supporting my absence from canada. Meanwhile, i have completed my studies in canada. But last week got to know about that they are doing some kind of investigation in india for the records. Even my agent wasnt sure what they need in that investigation so she requested me to fill out a consent form where we can request what is going on and what is the problem.

My question is this the right thing to do filling out a consent form and requesting a information? 2) What is this investigation they might be running in india about my records?

Thanks any information will be really appreciated.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seems like they are doing an investigation into your PR acquisition (Immigration Check).

1. Under what category did you get PR? Were you a dependent?

2. What was your marital status at landing?

3. Do you have a copy of the PR Card renewal application as submitted by the consultant?

4. Why use a consultant if you are in Canada?

If someone is getting info from CIC on your behalf they do need your signed consent

hkdvirdi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2013
1) my dad had citizenship. so i guess dependent
2) Martial Status--single
3) Yes i have the copy of the renewal application
4) I used consultant because i thought its better getting through them if anything happens . just a precautionary measure