+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal

rez

Jun 9, 2013
Hi, I sent the pr card renewal application and supporting documents at the end of April, at that time the processing time was 78 days, but it is 100 days now.
which processing time applies to me 78 days or 100 days? also do I get the acknowledgement letter for receiving my stuff or not? if so when ?
I tried to check the status of my application on-line , but apparently they haven't keyed into the system.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They can not predict the processing time into the future so when you applied and saw processing time of 78 days, that was for the people who at that point had sent in their applications 78 days earlier. Your processing time will be added to the average once your processing is done but if the average is going up, it will probably be closer to 100 than 78.

rez

Jun 9, 2013
thanks for the prompt reply,
I am student and my pr card was expired a while ago, I am going to attend school in Sep but the school asks me to provide a new pr card, they said if I don't send in the new card before sep, I can not register and get the student loan, I wanted to apply for urgent proceeding but I don't know if they consider my case urgent or not. if they do, what do I need to send to CIC ? a letter from school?
Plz advise!!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try to send the school a letter from CIC or at least a copy of the processing times.

rez

Jun 9, 2013
do I get the acknowledgement letter for receiving application and documents? they might take that letter into consideration,
it's been 5 weeks, and I neither received a letter nor keyed into their system !!