AOR Received.
02-12-2020
File Transfer...
17-12-2020
Med's Request
04-12-2020
Med's Done....
06-01-2021
Hi. My sister and I are submitting our application together (we live nearby and have the same mailing address). We are planning to submit it via CanadaPost in 1 express envelope with 2 separate envelopes of my sister and my application inside. Anyone who have done this the same before? What were your experience? Thanks!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Why complicate the situration? Because you want to save postage?

They will be processed seperately. The only risk is that they may not see 2 applications in that 1 mail package. But the chance that they ignore 1 of the 2 packages is not that hight.

BTW, you and your sisters are not "family memebers" unless you both are under 22 and still dependents of your parents.

Reactions: canuck78

iamronajane

Star Member
May 21, 2019
AOR Received.
02-12-2020
File Transfer...
17-12-2020
Med's Request
04-12-2020
Med's Done....
06-01-2021
Why complicate the situration? Because you want to save postage?

Nope, we just wanna submit together. Paying a postage isn't a problem on our end.

They will be processed seperately. The only risk is that they may not see 2 applications in that 1 mail package. But the chance that they ignore 1 of the 2 packages is not that hight.

BTW, you and your sisters are not "family memebers" unless you both are under 22 and still dependents of your parents.
"Biometrics (per family) (2 or more people)
Maximum fee for a family of 2 or more people applying at the same time and place." Is being a member in a family only applies when we're under 22?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
"Biometrics (per family) (2 or more people)
Maximum fee for a family of 2 or more people applying at the same time and place." Is being a member in a family only applies when we're under 22?
This is so far what I found. I am not sure if PR card renewal is the same.

The biometric fee
In addition to the regular visa application fee, a biometric fee of $85 CAD per person will apply. However, families applying together for a visitor visa will only pay a maximum biometric fee of up to $170 CAD.
Whether you apply online or at a Visa Application Centre (VAC), VAC staff will ask to see proof that you have paid the biometric fee before taking your fingerprints and photograph.
Your biometric fee will also cover the cost of application handling at a VAC. The VAC will make sure your application is complete, send it to the visa office and advise you once it has been returned.
And this is the general glossary for IRCC regarding to PR, look up family member:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/terms-definitions-related-permanent-residence.html#f

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. My sister and I are submitting our application together (we live nearby and have the same mailing address). We are planning to submit it via CanadaPost in 1 express envelope with 2 separate envelopes of my sister and my application inside. Anyone who have done this the same before? What were your experience? Thanks!
Would apply separately if you are both adults over 22.