+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pr card renewal timeline

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
THANKS.... I HAVE BEEN COMING & GOING out of Canada since last 5 years & TOTAL 766 days is a sum total till I filed my applications. in last 5 year period I never re enter into Canada once my PR got expired, since last 14 months I am inside canada only . Its window of last 5 years which are for 766 days for me.
You have to stop thinking in terms of the expiry date on your card. You likely arrived around April 2012 and were supposed to stay in Canada for 730 days until April 2017. If you reentered Canada without being able to meet the 730 days by April 2017 that means you entered not meeting your residency obligations. Luckily it seems you weren't reported eg. You returned to Canada on April 2016 but still had 550 days to meet your RO in April 2017 so you hadn't met your RO.

You will have to be more careful now that you have to constantly meet your RO. It is a running total. So you must always be able to say you have lived in Canada for 730 days if you look back 5 years from that day.

LetMtl

Jan 21, 2018
The 80 days is since the receipt of the application. So if your application reaches 29th then, count 80 days from 29th.
Thank you Mats, I appreciate your answer. I’m still waiting to get an acknowledgment of receipt. Haven’t heard anything yet. The processing times are currently listed as 79 days, working on applications received on Jan. 2nd. Last updated March 18th.
They’re supposed to update the processing times weekly, I don’t know why the info is not being updated. It worries me... I really hope to get my PR card before I leave but it’s looking tight.

Preina

Feb 16, 2018
87 days, last updated Abril 1st. working on Applications of January 8th.
It is moving very slow.
We have to be patient with the PR, I'm renewing, I am out of Canada right now I have to go back soon, I'm going through the states, I hope I can pass through without any problem.

If someone have any advice I will appreciate that.