+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pr card renewal timeline

Preina

Feb 16, 2018
I checked today the webside. They are working on Application received on January second, 79 days processing time.

Preina

Feb 16, 2018
Just to ease the minds of those getting ready to renew, here is our PR renewal timeline:

Application received: Oct. 4, 2017
PR card in our mailbox: Jan. 2, 2018

Applicant was outside Canada 431 days for the applications' 5-yr time period. Much of this was PR eligible but at the application stage they're not asking whether you are with a Canadian Citizen spouse or not.
Just to confirm application received is a different day than the day you sent the application?

punjabiii

Jun 6, 2012
As per e-CAS system, here is the timeline for me

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 2, 2018.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 22, 2018.

3. We started processing your application on March 22, 2018.

And it also shows the status as DECISION MADE.

Is it good to assume that our PR card renewal application has been approved.

Will this status further update and will we know if we are getting the card in mail or will we have to go pick it up at local CIC office.

Please provide your thoughts

Jajaja08

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 2, 2018.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 22, 2018.

Will this status further update and will we know if we are getting the card in mail or will we have to go pick it up at local CIC office.

Please provide your thoughts
Any update?

sofia.m

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011

Please provide your thoug

When did you submit your letter pr?

Galgalikar

Mar 26, 2018
Hi
I applied for PR renewal on Sept 14, 2017, as my PR card got expired in June 2017, so by Sept 14, 2017 I did completed 766 days from day I became PR ,23 April 2012. My application CIC started processing on Dec 20, they asked me to submit entry/ exit records for which I submitted on 5th Jan 2018, since then till today 27th April, 2018, its showing status in "IN-PROCESS". I requested them to process my application , where I attached reasons & air tickets on feb 24, 2018, but the response has been negative.
if I wanted to leave out of Canada as I feel I met residency obligations, then if I apply for PRTD from country I visit, what are chances I will be turned down even for PRTD ? OR what will be ideal time to apply for PRTD while application decision is not done ? what happens I apply for PRTD & card arrives at my Canada home ? if I leave out of country while application is under process then CIC will object if I left country without waiting for PR card ? its really hard to wait for renewal card for 9-12 months ? or what is earliest I can expect my PR card by post.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Hi
I applied for PR renewal on Sept 14, 2017, as my PR card got expired in June 2017, so by Sept 14, 2017 I did completed 766 days from day I became PR ,23 April 2012. My application CIC started processing on Dec 20, they asked me to submit entry/ exit records for which I submitted on 5th Jan 2018, since then till today 27th April, 2018, its showing status in "IN-PROCESS". I requested them to process my application , where I attached reasons & air tickets on feb 24, 2018, but the response has been negative.
if I wanted to leave out of Canada as I feel I met residency obligations, then if I apply for PRTD from country I visit, what are chances I will be turned down even for PRTD ? OR what will be ideal time to apply for PRTD while application decision is not done ? what happens I apply for PRTD & card arrives at my Canada home ? if I leave out of country while application is under process then CIC will object if I left country without waiting for PR card ? its really hard to wait for renewal card for 9-12 months ? or what is earliest I can expect my PR card by post.
766 days with 3 month later than your expiry date, that's too easy to see you fail RO at your first 5 years. You should apply it with some solid day numbers, say 900+....anyway, in this case, if you are leaving the country and have no access to land PoE, I guess you are going to be very hard to get PRTD

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
Alternatively, go through a land border by private vehicle instead of traveling (applying) with a PRTD!

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Hi
I do not know how long it takes to get PRTD. I can tell you that I had applied for my wife (in early April 2017) and my kids (in mid March 2017) PR card renewal. The applications went into secondary review in which they asked for Exit/Entry reports and passport copies. My kids renewed cards were received a couple of days ago and wife's PR card has been mailed last week but not received by now.

If your application also went into secondary review then all in all I can say that you should expect a decision on your PR card application in Aug - Sep 2018.

Galgalikar

Mar 26, 2018
766 days with 3 month later than your expiry date, that's too easy to see you fail RO at your first 5 years. You should apply it with some solid day numbers, say 900+....anyway, in this case, if you are leaving the country and have no access to land PoE, I guess you are going to be very hard to get PRTD
thanks Bricksonly- Are you saying that my total 766 days spent will be not counted due to fact my PR card had expiry DATE 26th June 2017, so all days after 27th June 2017 will not be counted for days spend inside Canada ? if I became PR on 23 April 2012, then the days are counted from the day you became PR, irrespective of your PR getting expiry ?...or other thought if I consider to apply fresh ( even decision is not made to my on going case ) then do I apply fresh ? I am bit confused...regards Rajesh

Galgalikar

Mar 26, 2018
I do not know how long it takes to get PRTD. I can tell you that I had applied for my wife (in early April 2017) and my kids (in mid March 2017) PR card renewal. The applications went into secondary review in which they asked for Exit/Entry reports and passport copies. My kids renewed cards were received a couple of days ago and wife's PR card has been mailed last week but not received by now.

If your application also went into secondary review then all in all I can say that you should expect a decision on your PR card application in Aug - Sep 2018.
thanks for sharing your experience...regards Rajesh

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thanks Bricksonly- Are you saying that my total 766 days spent will be not counted due to fact my PR card had expiry DATE 26th June 2017, so all days after 27th June 2017 will not be counted for days spend inside Canada ? if I became PR on 23 April 2012, then the days are counted from the day you became PR, irrespective of your PR getting expiry ?...or other thought if I consider to apply fresh ( even decision is not made to my on going case ) then do I apply fresh ? I am bit confused...regards Rajesh
The date on your PR card is irrelevant. You needed to complete 730 days in 5 years from the date you landed. It seems like you did reenter Canada when you weren't meeting your RO and then stayed for 766 days. If there is some doubt that and you can't prove that you have been in Canada for a period of time that would be an issue. Not sure whether you could get a PRTD if you applied from outside Canada given your PR card is in secondary review. You could land in the US if you have a visa and enter via the land border. You would need to show your landing documents and explain you are in the process of renewal you PR card. When you renew your PR card when you've barely met the RO they want to make sure you actually stayed in Canada for that amount of time because people lie.

Galgalikar

Mar 26, 2018
The date on your PR card is irrelevant. You needed to complete 730 days in 5 years from the date you landed. It seems like you did reenter Canada when you weren't meeting your RO and then stayed for 766 days. If there is some doubt that and you can't prove that you have been in Canada for a period of time that would be an issue. Not sure whether you could get a PRTD if you applied from outside Canada given your PR card is in secondary review. You could land in the US if you have a visa and enter via the land border. You would need to show your landing documents and explain you are in the process of renewal you PR card. When you renew your PR card when you've barely met the RO they want to make sure you actually stayed in Canada for that amount of time because people lie.
THANKS.... I HAVE BEEN COMING & GOING out of Canada since last 5 years & TOTAL 766 days is a sum total till I filed my applications. in last 5 year period I never re enter into Canada once my PR got expired, since last 14 months I am inside canada only . Its window of last 5 years which are for 766 days for me.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
I have no idea. if this is your first time PR card and less than 5 years from landing
THANKS.... I HAVE BEEN COMING & GOING out of Canada since last 5 years & TOTAL 766 days is a sum total till I filed my applications. in last 5 year period I never re enter into Canada once my PR got expired, since last 14 months I am inside canada only . Its window of last 5 years which are for 766 days for me.
You need to count days from the date you submit your renewal application back to 5 years, say 2012 Sept 14th. The days in Canada before Sept 14, 2012 could not be counted in.