pr card renewal timeline

outflare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
guys need your input on this I applied for pr renewal and this is my timeline

On-Line Services
FAQ | Security
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 20, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on June 20, 2017.
I havent heard back from them since then . Do you think it has gone for secondary review ? when do i expect the email for secondary review . WIll they update the status when the file goes for secondary review . I am a bit worried now as i need to travel. OR this is a normal thing ? and i can expect the PR ?

Any input will be appreciated .

ashley1

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
when was your PR card expiring?
I want to submit application for renewal so pls tell me whether i have to submit photocopy of all pages of passport or only identification pages?
Pls advise.
pls share if Anyone else has any info >

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017

On-Line Services
FAQ | Security
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 20, 2017.
I havent heard back from them since then . Do you think it has gone for secondary review ? when do i expect the email for secondary review . WIll they update the status when the file goes for secondary review . I am a bit worried now as i need to travel. OR this is a normal thing ? and i can expect the PR ?

Your timeline is similar to my wife's PR card renewal case. She ,however, got an email in June 2017 that her case was being refereed for secondary review. She was also asked to provide EXIT/ENTRY certificates from countries that she had visited and also photocopy of passport with certified translation of non-English stamps. I suggest that you sent then a web inquiry asking about your case processing. They will take about 2-3 week to respond. Make sure to ask them that they are not waiting for any documents from your side. It seems to me that sometimes they will ask for documents for secondary review and other time they do not. That is if your case as been referred to secondary review. In case they need additional documents then you need to find out what they are and provide those to them.

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2015 (MR, RPRF, & PCC for Spouse)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent w/Application: L-8.5, R-9.0, W-9.0, S-8.5
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
June 19, 2015; TLU (Medical results have been received): July 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Required as I was a US Citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Issued Jan 07, 2016 - Arrived in Mail Jan 21, 2016
LANDED..........
June 19, 2016 - FINALLY - HURRAY!!!!
Did you ever get your card? Did it go to secondary review? The OP was back in July. I just saw this on the check timeframes page of CIC

Check application processing times

Find out why processing times information changed and see top questions about processing times in the Help Centre.

What are you applying for? (required)
Did you submit a PR card application or solemn declaration? (required)

Permanent Resident cards

Renewing or replacing a PR card

83 days ?

If you require your PR card urgently, follow these instructions.

Working on applications received on October 20, 2017.

jambo1920

Nov 22, 2017
when was your PR card expiring?
I want to submit application for renewal so pls tell me whether i have to submit photocopy of all pages of passport or only identification pages?
Pls advise.
pls share if Anyone else has any info >
Yes good idea to supply all pages of passport, if you have been traveling.

jambo1920

Nov 22, 2017

On-Line Services
FAQ | Security
Permanent Resident Card

If you need to travel. Apply for urgent processing. Including letter from employer and ticket copies.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Just to ease the minds of those getting ready to renew, here is our PR renewal timeline:

Application received: Oct. 4, 2017
PR card in our mailbox: Jan. 2, 2018

Applicant was outside Canada 431 days for the applications' 5-yr time period. Much of this was PR eligible but at the application stage they're not asking whether you are with a Canadian Citizen spouse or not.

LetMtl

Jan 21, 2018
has anyone here submitted for renewal is Jan 2018
I just sent in my application for PR renewal via courier, they should receive it by Monday. Processing time says 80 days. They are working on applications received on Nov. 2017. Not sure if the 80 days are counted since an application arrives (in my case it will be Jan. 29) or if it’s 80 days for the applications they received in November, as the site says they’re working on those?

Also, do the 80 days mean total calendar days until you actually receive your card in the mail?

Thanks!

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
I just sent in my application for PR renewal via courier, they should receive it by Monday. Processing time says 80 days. They are working on applications received on Nov. 2017. Not sure if the 80 days are counted since an application arrives (in my case it will be Jan. 29) or if it’s 80 days for the applications they received in November, as the site says they’re working on those?

Also, do the 80 days mean total calendar days until you actually receive your card in the mail?

Thanks!
The 80 days is since the receipt of the application. So if your application reaches 29th then, count 80 days from 29th.

Reactions: LetMtl

Kim88

Mar 25, 2018
Hi guys, I sent my PR renewal application on Jan 18 and they received it on Jan 22. Till now didn't hear any thing yet .