+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD RENEWAL TIMELINE 2021

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hello, my file was received on June 1, but still can't link my application. Did you get any update?

pacer31

Jun 26, 2015
Hello, my file was received on June 1, but still can't link my application. Did you get any update?
mine was received in Sydney on May 27. Still no email or anything from them yet.

I believe it takes around 2months to get an AOR. So hopefully soon.

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hello Everyone! Did anyone receive AOR for pr card renewal from the Sydney office?

My document has received on June 1 and still no update.

MaxHeadroom

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC since JAN 2016
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
My PR card renewal application envelope was delivered on July 15th. It may be considered a very recent application. I'm writing to help create an understanding of the new timeline, now that the processing times are inching towards 4 months. (Someone really needs to give a legal/administrative warning to the CIC people)
I've not received AOR yet.
I've written them twice using webform but haven't got replies yet either.
I will update if/when I have an update.

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
My PR card renewal application envelope was delivered on July 15th. It may be considered a very recent application. I'm writing to help create an understanding of the new timeline, now that the processing times are inching towards 4 months. (Someone really needs to give a legal/administrative warning to the CIC people)
I've not received AOR yet.
I've written them twice using webform but haven't got replies yet either.
I will update if/when I have an update.
I can tell that I have sent my file in May and it arrived on June 1. Up until now, I didn't receive any AOR and I can't link the application online. I have sent multiple webforms and always the same responses. So, if I were you, I wouldn't expect much.

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hello Everyone, I was checking the government's website and it says once the application arrives to the mail room, your processing timeline starts. They have received mine on April 14 and I have received AOR just last week, so does anyone have any idea when will the application finalised? They are extremely slow and inefficient.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello Everyone, I was checking the government's website and it says once the application arrives to the mail room, your processing timeline starts. They have received mine on April 14 and I have received AOR just last week, so does anyone have any idea when will the application finalised? They are extremely slow and inefficient.
what is your ecas status? Is it still in process?

I have a few relatives who got decision made at the same time as AOR, but now I’m finding this seems to happen about half the time.

There is an existing discussion for this topic
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-card-new-renewal-processing-timeline-2021.724984/latest

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I have linked my application to my gckey, however, the only thing I see just received we will let you know. It's been more than 130 days and still nothing...
It won’t show in MyCIC/GC Key. You have to check it in eCAS, the site I linked previously.

If you have an AOR already, you should have eCAS access by now.

Your card will have been mailed if the status is “complete”.

PDY

Aug 27, 2021
I sent my application for renewal of my PR card last October 2020 and it was processed December 2020. I made many calls and emails-- they only say that I have to wait for their email in order for me to pick it up from Etobicoke. The status of my application is still Decision Made.

I am very frustrated. Application processing is 119 days today, but mine has been more than double that time already.