+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pr card renewal time

Parisam1

Mar 23, 2018
Hi guys I have a question regarding my renewal of PR card. I applied on June 2nd and CIC recieved on June 4th . Its 72 days now since cic recieved my application. Processing time on website says 98 days . my question is do they count the processing time from the time they recieved it or once they
actually start processing ? please advise
Thank you

vnps1903

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Hi guys I have a question regarding my renewal of PR card. I applied on June 2nd and CIC recieved on June 4th . Its 72 days now since cic recieved my application. Processing time on website says 98 days . my question is do they count the processing time from the time they recieved it or once they
actually start processing ? please advise
Thank you
You must have got it by now

Gus17

Sep 28, 2018
Yes I got it today . May be yours is bcz they are processing June 14
Wow Nice. Thanks for reply.
One more question, when you applied for renewal did you submitted colour copy of your passport? Someone told me they ask for colour copy and then I might have to wait more to get it

Parisam1

Mar 23, 2018
One more question, when you applied for renewal did you submitted colour copy of your passport? Someone told me they ask for colour copy and then I might have to wait more to get it
Thanks and no I sent black and white copy.

Parisam1

Mar 23, 2018
Thanks no I sent black and white copy .

drbawany

Oct 16, 2018
Hi guys
I sent my PR card for renewal on 24th July, tracking number showed, it was received by them on 27th of July, processing time on web is showing 79 days, 84 days have passed, I got some emergency and want to leave Canada for short, there is no update on website, calling the number given on cic.gc.ca, but it's diverting me here and there with recording, web form tried but no reply. Any idea how and where to contact. It's very frustrating especially in case of emergency.
Thanks

Gus17

Sep 28, 2018
Hi guys
I sent my PR card for renewal on 24th July, tracking number showed, it was received by them on 27th of July, processing time on web is showing 79 days, 84 days have passed, I got some emergency and want to leave Canada for short, there is no update on website, calling the number given on cic.gc.ca, but it's diverting me here and there with recording, web form tried but no reply. Any idea how and where to contact. It's very frustrating especially in case of emergency.
Thanks
Contacting them is time consuming and they will only gonna tell you that you should apply for urgent request asap. That's what I did just sharing my experience. You don't have to make another payment as your application is not started yet. Hope it will help.

drbawany

Oct 16, 2018
Contacting them is time consuming and they will only gonna tell you that you should apply for urgent request asap. That's what I did just sharing my experience. You don't have to make another payment as your application is not started yet. Hope it will help.
Thanks for replying, I think I have no other option except whatever you said, but I hope this will be my last question, what is the procedure to do that, and is it possible.

Gus17

Sep 28, 2018
Thanks for replying, I think I have no other option except whatever you said, but I hope this will be my last question, what is the procedure to do that, and is it possible.
I attached my tickets and wrote a letter that I am travelling on this date and requested them to process it asap. My first application was received to cic on june 21 and nothing happened then on sep 29 I got mail that my photos are rejected. So I applied again as Urgent request and it was received to cic on oct 03 and now the status is showing as decision made.