+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal through online application

Chamzz23

Oct 16, 2023
I am planning to apply for PR card renewal for my family of 4 through online and have couple of questions to clear out,

1. Can I submit my, my wife 's and 2 kids renewal application under my account?

2. Do I need to submit a one application first and create the second one in the portal? I tried to create 2 applications while doing my one and received an error message of "Please note, you currently have an application in progress. If you would like to resume with completing that application, please visit the “View my applications” page. "

3. When we pay the PR card renewal fee, do I need to pay fee as a total for for of us (i.e $200 under 1 receipt) or as 4 separate receipts?

Thank you in advance.

HarryQuake

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Guys, today my online pr renewal application gets "Primary identification is not provided Incomplete application" in return reason. But the status is still "Submitted". Anyone has the same issue?

walterg74

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
I am planning to apply for PR card renewal for my family of 4 through online and have couple of questions to clear out,

1. Can I submit my, my wife 's and 2 kids renewal application under my account?

2. Do I need to submit a one application first and create the second one in the portal? I tried to create 2 applications while doing my one and received an error message of "Please note, you currently have an application in progress. If you would like to resume with completing that application, please visit the “View my applications” page. "

3. When we pay the PR card renewal fee, do I need to pay fee as a total for for of us (i.e $200 under 1 receipt) or as 4 separate receipts?

Thank you in advance.
As far as I know, everything needs to be done individually.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Hi all, I am preparing PR card renewal applications for my parents and have a couple of questions
1) Is it possible to somehow print or save a copy of the application from the online portal? (not pdf form but what I completed as part of online application)

2) What counts as 2 documents for proof of residency? For example I have NOA for all the years - do I just pick one of them and submit? (what woudl it prove in this case)?
Also have MSP cards (BC sevice card) - would that work?

My parents are retired seniors - do not work, live with us (so no property or rental agreement), they have bank accounts but mostly use cash (donot speak much english and not comfortable with cards, and not spending much anyway as they are part of our household

They do have and use their own car- would car insurance copy work as a second document? Again just one year or do I have to provide something for more than one year?

Hinka7

Apr 4, 2023
Hi all, I am preparing PR card renewal applications for my parents and have a couple of questions
1) Is it possible to somehow print or save a copy of the application from the online portal? (not pdf form but what I completed as part of online application)

2) What counts as 2 documents for proof of residency? For example I have NOA for all the years - do I just pick one of them and submit? (what woudl it prove in this case)?
Also have MSP cards (BC sevice card) - would that work?

My parents are retired seniors - do not work, live with us (so no property or rental agreement), they have bank accounts but mostly use cash (donot speak much english and not comfortable with cards, and not spending much anyway as they are part of our household

They do have and use their own car- would car insurance copy work as a second document? Again just one year or do I have to provide something for more than one year?
I just received my PR Renewal yesterday and for my proof of residency I made a pdf file and added my last two NOA’s to it, nothing else. If you don’t believe that’s enough, submit their bank documents and car insurance as well.

Reactions: Anik

Hinka7

Apr 4, 2023
Renewal timeline:

Applied online when the wait time was 93 days.
No update or application number, nor could I link it to the portal. It still shows as submitted. Called IRCC a couple of days ago to ask about my application number and they said my card was mailed out on September 29th. I received it on October 18th.

So in total, it took 70 days.

asrukumarsaha

May 21, 2018
I submitted my PR card renewal application through the online PR portal on Sep 27, 2023. As of now, I have not received any acknowledgment letter from IRCC, so I was thinking of logging back into the PR portal if there are any updates. What I noticed "Incomplete Application" and "View" button is greyed out. I also linked with the IRCC account where the current status shows "Submitted" and messages "None". I don't know why it says "Incomplete Application" in PR portal. Any advice will be much appreciated.

asrukumarsaha

May 21, 2018
Renewal timeline:

Applied online when the wait time was 93 days.
No update or application number, nor could I link it to the portal. It still shows as submitted. Called IRCC a couple of days ago to ask about my application number and they said my card was mailed out on September 29th. I received it on October 18th.

So in total, it took 70 days.
What is the number you called?

asrukumarsaha

May 21, 2018
Sharing my PR card renewal timeline.
Submitted PR renewal application online on Feb 27, 2023
Received incomplete application return reason glitch appeard
- Return reason didi not disappear
Linked to IRCC secure account on may 18, 2023 ( after two months of trying)
Application approved and mailed on May 25, 2023

PS. Did nothing with the glitch. / PR renewal application online stil shows the application as incomplete. I did not receive any emails or aor.
Linking to IRCC account is the only way to have any update. Do not expect any emails. or AOR.
I do have a similar situation like you. I applied for my parents on Sep 27, 2027. After a month it shows an incomplete application and the view button is greyed out. No idea why it is incomplete. Linked to IRCC where the message shows the application was submitted and no message to read. Could you please advise on your experience? Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do have a similar situation like you. I applied for my parents on Sep 27, 2027. After a month it shows an incomplete application and the view button is greyed out. No idea why it is incomplete. Linked to IRCC where the message shows the application was submitted and no message to read. Could you please advise on your experience? Thanks
2023 is not over yet and you applied on Sep 27, 2027?

Ctvas

Dec 19, 2013
I received my card today. So I guess this return reason can be ignored.
Hi Harry. Congratulations for receiving your card. Could you tell me what do you submit as primary identification? I am in the process to renew my PR card and I would like to be aware of possible issues with the application. Thanks in advance

HarryQuake

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hi Harry. Congratulations for receiving your card. Could you tell me what do you submit as primary identification? I am in the process to renew my PR card and I would like to be aware of possible issues with the application. Thanks in advance
I do not totally understand the return reason. But I think primary identification is just passport.