+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal - RO days wrt employment relocation abroad

jambu1602

Nov 20, 2022
Hi, I'm an Indian citizen and became a Canada PR on 2018-Jan with an PR card expiry on 2023-March.

I've been working with Software service companies thru these years who often does internal transfers/employment relocation between Canada and India.
Since im nearing my PR card expiry, I'm planning to apply for its renewal and I'm having a clarification regarding the RO days and Canada absence.

So, I was originally hired in Canada for a Canada location deployment starting 2020 Jan and I was working til mid Sept'2020. Then due to Covid-19 break out, and to spend time with my family back in India, per my request, I was relocated(from mid Sept 2020) with a full time employment in India by the same company to support my assignment with India payroll. Due to direct flight ban imposed by Canada government from India, I got stuck there working in India for over an year though I didn't intend for so long. Anyhow, after the ban was lifted, I got back again and Im working right now in Canada.

Now, when Im originally hired in Canada, will my employment days out of Canada, be counted towards RO days?
And when I'm filling details of section 5 in IMM5444, should i make a separate entry(with reason A) for my employment days in India in this internal relocation case?
Please suggest and help me to understand. Thanks much!

jambu1602

Nov 20, 2022
I have contacted and checked with few and I got cleared myself that as long as I'm relocated with the same service company, which has been in service contract with Canada business, It should holds good. But what proof could I attach in that case.? The employment relocation letter from service company suffice?

Because, I may not be disclosed with service contract information which my company has with the Canada business.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have contacted and checked with few and I got cleared myself that as long as I'm relocated with the same service company, which has been in service contract with Canada business, It should holds good. But what proof could I attach in that case.? The employment relocation letter from service company suffice?

Because, I may not be disclosed with service contract information which my company has with the Canada business.
There is specific evidence that IRCC has listed in their manual for these scenarios. Let me get you that link later today. Normally it's not just the letter. There is more required.

Reactions: jambu1602

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Start reading on page 25:

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/op/op10-eng.pdf