+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Processing Time

RR_11

Apr 13, 2020
Hello,

I submitted my PR card renewal application and UPS confirmed its delivered to the case processing center on 1 June 2020. I have been checking the online application processing status on IRCC's website but until today my application is not showing up.I haven't received any confirmation of application email from IRCC. Is this normal given that it is almost a month and a half since delivery date?

Thank you.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hello,

I submitted my PR card renewal application and UPS confirmed its delivered to the case processing center on 1 June 2020. I have been checking the online application processing status on IRCC's website but until today my application is not showing up.I haven't received any confirmation of application email from IRCC. Is this normal given that it is almost a month and a half since delivery date?

Thank you.
Hi there, I believe that your situation is normal. Some people have good luck in being able to see their application status on line - many others can not. My renewal application has been in since February....... hang in there!

fly_van

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Hello,

Thank you.
Hi, I submit it on 4th June, 2020, no confirmation yet.

fly_van

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Same here! PR renewal application delivered by UPS June 4. However I don’t expect I’ll hear anything soon. Let’s keep each other posted.
Hi there!I read from the website someday that people delivered in the beginning of May, has received email from CIC. So I hope we can receive the confirmation in a month.

Reactions: Kikilala

amrelroby

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Hi there!I read from the website someday that people delivered in the beginning of May, has received email from CIC. So I hope we can receive the confirmation in a month.
Were the May applicants who received an email for CIC applying for PR renewal or it was a first-time card?

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hi there, I wonder if you can confirm if this was for a new card or a renewal? Thanks,

sm99

Jul 22, 2020
Same here! PR renewal application delivered by UPS June 4. However I don’t expect I’ll hear anything soon. Let’s keep each other posted.
Hi Kikilal,

Did you happen to include CBSA report, Paystubs, Passport entry/exit stamps and/or bank statements to prove your stay in Canada? I have gone through the PR renewal application package and no where it mentions to provide all these documents but going through some old posts I have seen people including these documents. I have 770 days of RO so just want to ensure that my application is complete before sending it to CIC.

Thanks
SM99

RR_11

Apr 13, 2020
No updates on my application yet. The CIC processing time is 164 for PR card renewals. So does that mean it is still normal it is now showing up on CAS since it was delivered on June 1?
On their website (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1474&top=3), they say that If you apply by mail, the processing time starts when your application arrives in our mailroom. Does that mean the processing time starts on the day UPS says the package was delivered or they start counting after the application shows up on cas?

RR_11

Apr 13, 2020
I tried linking my application to the online account and it only picks up the first application that was submitted five years ago when I first became a PR. I tried multiple application details identifiers however I get the same outcome. Is this normal? All I am looking for is to make sure CIC received my application as I am getting worried with the length of time and the fact that it is not showing up on CAS.

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
I am also in the same boat, my application was received at IRCC office on May 27 and since then, no update anywhere.