+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD RENEWAL PROCESSING TIME

gurneetpaul

Jun 4, 2018
Hi,

I am in a bit of a situation. I got my PR in May, 2017. About 2 months back in April, 2018, I lost my PR card and within 10 days of losing it I applied for a new PR card and attached a police report with my application

My doubt is that I have been PR for less than 1 year at this time. So, Obviously I don't meet PR residency obligations yet. So will my file go for a secondary review?

Parisam1

Mar 23, 2018
Hi guys I have a question regarding my renewal of PR card. I applied on June 2nd and CIC recieved on June 4th . Its 72 days now since cic recieved my application. Processing time on website says 98 days . my question is do they count the processing time from the time they recieved it or once they
actually start processing ? please advise
Thank you

gurneetpaul

Jun 4, 2018
Hi guys I have a question regarding my renewal of PR card. I applied on June 2nd and CIC recieved on June 4th . Its 72 days now since cic recieved my application. Processing time on website says 98 days . my question is do they count the processing time from the time they recieved it or once they
actually start processing ? please advise
Thank you
Hi Parisam: CIC starts counting days since the day they received your application, and not from the day they start processing it. Hope that helps.

-Gurneet

Parisam1

Mar 23, 2018
Hi Parisam: CIC starts counting days since the day they received your application, and not from the day they start processing it. Hope that helps.

-Gurneet
Thank you so much Gurneet. Someone just scared me saying the time start when they open the application. Thank you and I have one more question if you may know to answer:
1 - As its 72 days today and I havent recieved any email from CIC to link my application online , Is it possible I get my application on 98 days that their website mentioned , how it works ?

gurneetpaul

Jun 4, 2018
Thank you so much Gurneet. Someone just scared me saying the time start when they open the application. Thank you and I have one more question if you may know to answer:
1 - As its 72 days today and I havent recieved any email from CIC to link my application online , Is it possible I get my application on 98 days that their website mentioned , how it works ?
Hi, Parisam: Most likely you will receive email from CIC just 24 hours before they start processing your application. i.e. on the 98th day itself.

Keep in mind that the numbers of days to processing could change from 98 to say 110 etc or less...So you should be getting email from CIC in approximately 28 days provided that processing time remains unchanged to 98 days.
-Gurneet

Liliaqua

Jun 13, 2018
Hi there,
I applied for my PR card renewal 4 month ago and also a bit later for my citizenship, though I received file number for my citizenship and didn't hear about my PR renewal at all. And I need to travel out of country as well. Any comment??

Alex30

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
# the meantime, Canada does NOT in any way restrict the PR's ability to travel abroad. Yes, Canada requires either a valid PR card or a PR TD to approve boarding a flight to Canada by a PR traveler, but the PR TD is available to any PR who submits proof of status and compliance with the PR RO. Meaning, traveling abroad can be inconvenient but it is NOT in anyway prohibited.#

Absolutely not true.
PR resident arrived in Canada with legal PR status! And after that - his PR card expired.
But resident was absent from Canada for serious reasons and he does not have 730 days.
NOBODY deprived him of the status of a permanent resident.He entered to Canada legally.And after some days his card expired.
If he leaves Canada - NOBODY will give him PR DT to return to Canada! He doesn’t have 730 days.
He will also have difficulty finding a job - if he does not have a valid card, he will have health insurance for only half a year.
And Canada will just wait - when he leaves - that he would then give up his PR status. So -he will not be able to enter. He does not have 730 days.

But nobody has deprived him of PR status!
And he should enjoy all the rights, like all others in Canada.
Is it a democracy?
Why Canada quickly does not serve those who live in Canada in the status of a permanent resident.
That’s how a person has been living for 4 months...waiting for 4 months renew PR card — and sees the same thing all the time — in the process.
He does not know where to go .. How to meet with an emigration officer ... Nobody knows anything.
Like in prison.
Because if he leaves Canada, he will not be able to return.

Last edited: