+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - Processing Time

edsiu

Feb 2, 2012
Does anyone know why the processing time keeps growing recently? The CIC website kept saying "Working on applications received up to November 18, 2013" for the past 4 weeks and the processing time grew from 89 days to 96 to 103 to 110 as of today. They just keep adding 7 days to the total. I wonder when this can stop.

I sent in my application in November and my tracking says CIC received it on November 7, 2013. But I couldn't even get an updated status from the online service (e-cas?).

Any hint? Thanks a lot!

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I feel your frustration. I haven't waited for as long as you did so far, but it looks like its going to be a while. My application on eCas says "Started processing on the 23rd of Jan", but the increasing day count every week is worrying me. Plus, the instructions say "if it has been longer than the time shown above since you applied, please contact the Call Centre", but then the question is which time? How does the CIC expect us to track the time if they keep increasing it every week?

miaho

Jul 29, 2013
I sent in my application on 21 Jan and form the tracking it shows CIC received on 27 Jan. I couldn't see my application on the websit (e-case).
My husband sent his in on 17 Jan and CIC received on 20 Jan, e-case shows started processing the application on 28 Jan.
I really don't understand why? Called CIC two days ago and they say call back in 6 weeks if it hasn't shows on e-case. Should I to re sent my application again? :(

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Miaho,

Since your husband has a somewhat similar timeline to mine, I might have some good news for your husband. My application status just changed to become the following:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 9, 2014.

2. We started processing your application on January 23, 2014.

3. Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on February 12, 2014. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

this means if everything is in order for your hubby's application, he should be hearing good news soon.

sammy_2401

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
tds69us said:
Hi Miaho,

Since your husband has a somewhat similar timeline to mine, I might have some good news for your husband. My application status just changed to become the following:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 9, 2014.

2. We started processing your application on January 23, 2014.

3. Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on February 12, 2014. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

this means if everything is in order for your hubby's application, he should be hearing good news soon.
That is good to hear about your case, then why do they still say - processing applications received until 18 Nov. They are indeed processing applications received in January now. Perhaps they are not updating the CIC web-page of processing times. With your case as an example, I find them doing faster than expected. That is good.

Wish you all the best.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sammy_2401

Many thanks for your wishes. I think what the CIC does is that they give themselves a huge buffer to protect themselves and ensure that they rarely exceed the allowed delivery KPI. Something all organizations do :D

lynn_ca

Oct 10, 2012
Hi Guys.

please tell me which address you sent the application to for PR card renewal?

I live in Toronto.

Thank you.

karthit

Feb 5, 2012
My PR card appln was received by them on Jan 28. There is no update on my appln as yet. I was really worried but the post from Miaho and tds69us has given me a lot of confidence. Hope I can see progress soon.
lynn_ca: Regarding the address where u need to mail the appln, check the CIC website.

edsiu

Feb 2, 2012
edsiu said:
Does anyone know why the processing time keeps growing recently? The CIC website kept saying "Working on applications received up to November 18, 2013" for the past 4 weeks and the processing time grew from 89 days to 96 to 103 to 110 as of today. They just keep adding 7 days to the total. I wonder when this can stop.

I sent in my application in November and my tracking says CIC received it on November 7, 2013. But I couldn't even get an updated status from the online service (e-cas?).

Any hint? Thanks a lot!
Finally I got an updated status says "We started processing your application on Feburary 6, 2014." This is 3 months from they received my application! Taking into account of the Olympic games, I think this is equivalent of starting processing as of today. ;D

karthit

Feb 5, 2012
I just wanted to share that I got my new PR card by mail today!! It was such a delightful surprise!! My appln was received by them on Jan 28. They started processing on Feb 26. It was processed, approved and the card was mailed to me on Mar 4, reached me on Mar 11!!! After having read about so many undue delays experienced by so many people, I was really nervous but its a HUGE relief to have received it with a total lead time (from the day I mailed it till today) of 47 days!!!! And last but not the least, I hadn't even marked it as Urgent!! Kudos to CIC!!!

miaho

Jul 29, 2013
• We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 27, 2014.
• We started processing your application on February 25, 2014.
• I received my new PR Card March 13 2014 (e-case hasn't update yet)

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Application delivered by Canada Post: February 27, 2014
Tons of documents: Submitted application with 1085 days outside of Canada in the last 5 years, with a 10 days buffer. Submitted tons of documents and CBSA entry records that showed no travel history in the past two consecutive years. Previous PR card was already expired in October 2012.
Application in process: March 07, 2014.
PR CARD RECEIVED IN MAIL: March 18, 2014

ecas still says In Progress

fasnoon

Jul 31, 2007
edsiu said:

Any hint? Thanks a lot!

This will only get better when they HIRE MORE STAFF !!! Until then,
it looks like we are all going to be playing the + 7 Days Game!