+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal processing time! I need help :-)

neneko

Dec 1, 2014
HI

I sent my PR card renewal application 1 month ago, now I check my application status and it does not show anything even is it received or not... Can anyone tell me approximately how long does it take? Now I want to apply for urgent processing time and can you give me any advise is it good idea? I plan to travel at December 30th is it enough time for urgent processing time?

Can anyone help me? please give me any advise

Thank you

MarioYYZ

Mar 2, 2014
Welcome to the challenge-your-patience game. Give it another 3-4 months for the system to reflect your application status.

Switching to urgent processing so you can fly out on December 30th is not a good idea. "Urgent" these days is usually 2+ months.

sunshinedlc

Dec 3, 2014
neneko said:
HI

I sent my PR card renewal application 1 month ago, now I check my application status and it does not show anything even is it received or not... Can anyone tell me approximately how long does it take? Now I want to apply for urgent processing time and can you give me any advise is it good idea? I plan to travel at December 30th is it enough time for urgent processing time?

Can anyone help me? please give me any advise

Thank you
You can try to send an urgent processing request to CIC by email, including your proof of travel and proof of payment for travel, and waiting for their response. If you are lucky, they will reply to you that they will speed up your application. But nobody can guarantee you will get your card before your trip.
I sent my application in the end of August, last week I sent an email to request urgent processing. They replied to me. Yesterday I checked my status, it is in process. Before that, I cannot see any information about my application. So my request by email worked.

neneko

Dec 1, 2014
Hii guys

I decided to leave canada without PR card. Is it good idea to ask my sister send me my card whenever it will be ready? I know in some cases they ask for pick up in person, can enyone tell me in which situation happens it?