+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal- please help

vijay_sam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Hi All

My PR Card is expired and my residency obligation will be completed in September 2020.
My Passport (From India) about to expire in a month

I see that PR Card renewal needs a valid Passport and Upon inquiry Passport office says I need to have a valid PR Card.

Any tips?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So your PR card is still valid why is there an issue ? What am I missing given you have a valid PR at the time you want to apply for a new passport and the RO is nothing to do with India, just Canada when you come to renew your card. Is the expectation to renew your passport you have a 5 year validity on your PR card ?

vijay_sam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Thanks for reply. Initially I got my PR on 2013 and did my landing and took my PR card and left. I did not fulfill my residency obligation and came to Canada with expired PR card in 2018 through US via land( driving from USA to Canada). My residency obligation will completed by September 2020. But my Indian passport expires on February 2020.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All

My PR Card is expired and my residency obligation will be completed in September 2020.
My Passport (From India) about to expire in a month

I see that PR Card renewal needs a valid Passport and Upon inquiry Passport office says I need to have a valid PR Card.

Any tips?
PR card renewal does not require a valid passport.

vijay_sam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Thank so much for reply. but this is what is written in requirement for PR Card renewal
A photocopy of the main identification document. This document is typically a travel document or a valid passport. ...
Photocopies of two additional forms of identification. ...
Evidence of residency. ...
Two photos which have been taken in the last six months before you applied.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank so much for reply. but this is what is written in requirement for PR Card renewal
A photocopy of the main identification document. This document is typically a travel document or a valid passport. ...
Photocopies of two additional forms of identification. ...
Evidence of residency. ...
Two photos which have been taken in the last six months before you applied.
Note the word "typically". That does not mean required.

Reactions: k.h.p.