+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal, passport expiry

jayb91

Feb 10, 2018
Hello,

I have a little dilemma, so my PR card doesn't expire until july this year, but my UK passport expires next month. I'm currently in the process of submitting both applications, but I'm wondering should I renew my passport first, wait for the new one to come back then submit PR card, or can I submit my PR card renewal with my old passport and then submit my UK passport renewal at the same time to the uk. UK passport renewal requires me to ship my old passport back so if immigration request that passport well I won't have it.

Maybe I'm over thinking it, figured it be best to ask.. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Jake.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello,

I have a little dilemma, so my PR card doesn't expire until july this year, but my UK passport expires next month. I'm currently in the process of submitting both applications, but I'm wondering should I renew my passport first, wait for the new one to come back then submit PR card, or can I submit my PR card renewal with my old passport and then submit my UK passport renewal at the same time to the uk. UK passport renewal requires me to ship my old passport back so if immigration request that passport well I won't have it.

Maybe I'm over thinking it, figured it be best to ask.. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Jake.
it is up to you
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace.html