+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Online - Applications for family members

azimuthalp

Oct 27, 2014
I am applying for a first renewal of the PR card for myself, my spouse and kid. I have three questions for the group:

1. Do we need to create a new portal account for each one of them as currently there seems to be no way to create multiple applications from the same account.
2. I am just about meeting RO - 1092 days outside Canada as shown on the portal after entering all the absences. Spouse and kid will miss the obligation by about 90 days owing to travel ban imposed during the pandemic. Have tickets showing initial booking dates which kept getting pushed by the airline due to the Canadian government's travel ban. What additional documents should I be adding here..I can attach tax returns, lease and school report cards for the kid. And the tickets booked for travel that got affected due to the travel ban. Any other tips for explaining the H&C situation for them.
3. Also, based on group's experience is it better to go with online application or send a paper application. Otherwise or with the special circumstances our applications fit in,

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
I am applying for a first renewal of the PR card for myself, my spouse and kid. I have three questions for the group:

1. Do we need to create a new portal account for each one of them as currently there seems to be no way to create multiple applications from the same account.
2. I am just about meeting RO - 1092 days outside Canada as shown on the portal after entering all the absences. Spouse and kid will miss the obligation by about 90 days owing to travel ban imposed during the pandemic. Have tickets showing initial booking dates which kept getting pushed by the airline due to the Canadian government's travel ban. What additional documents should I be adding here..I can attach tax returns, lease and school report cards for the kid. And the tickets booked for travel that got affected due to the travel ban. Any other tips for explaining the H&C situation for them.
3. Also, based on group's experience is it better to go with online application or send a paper application. Otherwise or with the special circumstances our applications fit in,
1. You can submit up to three application within one portal accout. Just finish one then you can start a new one. You cannot have two application active at the same time. Someone said if submitted multiple applications within one account, you can only link the first with gckey to know your status;
2. Prefer you stay for more 100 days at least to add more days for RO, and your wife and kid satisfy the minium 730 days to start. I undstand you could face "add one day but also lose one day"...in the worst situation you need up to 2 years to satisfy RO again...but add more fresh days in Canada works, as you are showing your fact to restore your PR status: stay, work, study, a normal and stable living in Canada. Any case with RO non-compliance will be finished at least one year, so if you can wait, it could lose nothing;
3. Hard to say, paper based application cost post fee and online portal easy to get stuck with strange return. But both works out finally.

azimuthalp

Oct 27, 2014
1. You can submit up to three application within one portal accout. Just finish one then you can start a new one. You cannot have two application active at the same time. Someone said if submitted multiple applications within one account, you can only link the first with gckey to know your status;
2. Prefer you stay for more 100 days at least to add more days for RO, and your wife and kid satisfy the minium 730 days to start. I undstand you could face "add one day but also lose one day"...in the worst situation you need up to 2 years to satisfy RO again...but add more fresh days in Canada works, as you are showing your fact to restore your PR status: stay, work, study, a normal and stable living in Canada. Any case with RO non-compliance will be finished at least one year, so if you can wait, it could lose nothing;
3. Hard to say, paper based application cost post fee and online portal easy to get stuck with strange return. But both works out finally.
Thanks! this is helpful.

Manojgdv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015

I was able to apply for myself and my spouse.The problem is I have received AOR but my spouse didn't receive any. Do I need to worry or will it still be processed irrespective of it