+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Online 2024

John hardy

Nov 28, 2018
PR CARD APPLIED (ONLINE) - FEB 15th

PHOTO REJECTED - FEB 27th

PR CARD RE-APPLIED (ONLINE) - 1st MARCH

ABLE TO LINKED APPLICATION WITH CIC PORTAL - 17th MAY (AFTER SEVRAL TRY SINCE MARCH)

PR CARD APPROVED - 17th MAY

PR CARD RECIVED - 25th MAY

NOTE - I was only able to link application on the day it is approved because a day before using same information, i was unable to link the application.

nn8895

Jun 14, 2018
PR CARD APPLIED (ONLINE) - FEB 15th

PHOTO REJECTED - FEB 27th

PR CARD RE-APPLIED (ONLINE) - 1st MARCH

ABLE TO LINKED APPLICATION WITH CIC PORTAL - 17th MAY (AFTER SEVRAL TRY SINCE MARCH)

PR CARD APPROVED - 17th MAY

PR CARD RECIVED - 25th MAY

NOTE - I was only able to link application on the day it is approved because a day before using same information, i was unable to link the application.
Hey! Your photo rejection on 27 Feb, was that on the Inspect tool or did you receive any notification through email or the portal? Thanks

kolterahul

Nov 27, 2016
Hello all,

Would like to share my timelines for PR card renewal.

Submitted online application: 12th May 2024
Received renewed PR card: 23th May 2024
Portal still shows the application status as: submitted
Based in: Montreal

When I checked the application through the 'inspect' method, the application was updated on 14th May with status marked as completed (id 20). However, in the rejectionReasons -> rejectionDetails section it is mentioned that "the back of the photo is of poor quality/unclear"...which I am still not sure why ... as it has been scanned at high resolution and very clear.
Where did you see the rejection reason?
In the inspect tool or in GC key login?

dsr83510

May 27, 2024
There were many in this group who stated that even their status changed from submitted to returned or rejected (not via inspect) and after a week status got reverted back to submitted and later a week or so they received the PR card. So what I am trying to say just based on many posts, it seems IRCC automated system is rejecting and then when it comes to visa officer they simply approving and dispatching pr card.

I’d say wait for few days and best to call to IRCC on Tuesday to check the status
Please let me know what is the best contact phone number to reach out to IRCC, Thank you

kyungyyz

Jun 9, 2019
Hi all, just wanted to share my status!

May 12th, 2024 : Submitted the renewal application
May 28th, 2024 : Received the card via mail

Permanent resident portal is still showing as a 'submitted'.

Good luck everybody!

Reactions: nik_on

nik_on

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Ontario
Hi,

My timeline:

April 2nd, 2024 : Submitted the PR card renewal application

Permanent resident portal is still showing as a 'submitted'.
Not able to link.

Called IRCC once in a week for the last 3 weeks and received the same answer that ~60 days is the SLA for the processing.
The application is in progress. However, I have not visibility to that.
I did not receive any email during the process (that they have received the application, the work is in progress and so on).

nik_on

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Ontario
Please let me know what is the best contact phone number to reach out to IRCC, Thank you

It's test of your patience. I typically retried continuously for 2-3 times before I can get into the queue.
The wait in the queue is typically 10-15 minutes average.

Dream-mer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
NEED HELP GUYS!

Applied for PR card renewal on 3rd April. Have not received yet. Called IRCC. Says it is still in progress!

Need to travel in Two weeks, any solution besides PRTD as I am travelling just for two days and need to return to work immediately!

ANY Solutions??

gunchan

Dec 18, 2018
Whitehorse, YT
Category........
PNP
Used inspection tool.
On Google Chrome, right click -> inspect -> console -> array

Found submitted on Apr 19, and completed on Apr 30, but never received my new PR card..
Finally received a new PR card!!

My timeline is:
Apr 4: Initially submitted
Apr 17: Returned due to photo was not qualified
Apr 19: Re-submitted
May 13: IRCC sent email, and received application number
May 21: My old PR card was expired
May 27: IRCC contacted they sent my new PR card on May 22
May 28: Received new PR card

PR portal is still submitted, and cannot link to my account for the initial PR application though..

Reactions: cindyu and nik_on

nik_on

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Ontario
Finally received a new PR card!!

My timeline is:
Apr 4: Initially submitted
Apr 17: Returned due to photo was not qualified
Apr 19: Re-submitted
May 13: IRCC sent email, and received application number
May 21: My old PR card was expired
May 27: IRCC contacted they sent my new PR card on May 22
May 28: Received new PR card

PR portal is still submitted, and cannot link to my account for the initial PR application though..
Submitted on 2-Apr-2024.
I did not receive any update yet but the agent keep on saying that the application is in progress.

Now, as I use the inspect tool, I see this is mentioned in the application with date 16-Apr-2024
"Your photo attachment has a technical error and cannot be opened/reviewed. Please review and correct the attachment before re-submitting. Please note, not all file types are supported."

Any idea what might be the issue?
How do we resolve this? What kind of changes did you make to the new application? Could you please guide?

abdullahbajwa

Apr 8, 2018
Hello everyone. I submitted my PR renewal application on May 4th for myself and my son. My husband submitted his application on May 10th. On May 13th I saw that our applications moved to “completed status” using inspect trick. However, my husband and I had both rejection because of the photo. Mine was that it doesn’t meet the photo requirements, smiling/teeth, lighting…”. For my husband, it was because of photographer stamp and date were missing while they are not.
today, I found the PR card for my husband and my son in the mailbox but mine was not there.
I have not received any rejection letter from IRCC.
What do you think my card was not sent?
GCkey shows that my application has been linked successfully but I can only see my old card details.
FYI, my application was submitted with urgency because of business trips.
Thank you

abdullahbajwa

Apr 8, 2018
Never apply on Urgent basis, it takes your application out of automated system and at discretion of officer to check and approve urgency ! I applied on March 31st still not clue but at same time my family has received in 3 weeks non urgent.

Reactions: cindyu

cindyu

Mar 21, 2016
That's an insane amount of proof. I attached one NOA, and one bank statement from a different year than the NOA. They had no issues with that. You only need 2 pieces of evidence.. You don't have to show proof for every day you were in the country.. Its as simple as 2 pieces of evidence, that's it.
That's not insane at all! It's insane that you gave such minimum documents. I gave 4 years of NOA, some bank statements, rental agreement, property tax receipts and some pay stubs. Basically whatever evidence to make my application bullet proof. But that's probably because I'm too meticulous and I'm from a third world country so I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to visa applications. You see, we tend to get more scrutinized than if we were from a developed country like Australia...

cindyu

Mar 21, 2016
Hi All – Received my PR renewal card yesterday. Sharing my application story below:
  • Application: Submitted online application on the PR portal in December 2023 as non urgent.
I did not include any residency obligation documents.
LOL What made you think it's ok to not include any residency obligation documents? That's like the whole point of this renewal application process. You want to show them that you have met the residency requirement. You basically submitted an incomplete application. There was no need to contact your local MP when the matter was your own doing. Even if the officers could check your in and out of the country, try to think from their perspective. The easier you make their job, the faster your application would be completed.