+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Online 2024

nn8895

Jun 14, 2018
Applied for my spouse:

Submission date: April 5, 2024
Inspection Status: Completed on April 18, 2024
Rejection reason: Back of photo missing, incomplete; date unknown, etc. Even though I ensured it was included, I also attached a separate document containing both the back of the photo and the receipt from the photo studio/UPS store where it was taken, just to be redundant.

For proof of residency, I attached 5 years of NOAs and 23 months of Child Care Benefit ‘Statement of Account’ from my spouse's CRA account. I called to inquire about the application number and if everything was in order. According to them, they have all the necessary documents and will contact if they need anything further, but obviously the agent on the phone don’t have the details of what was attached or required. Has anyone else attached benefit statement of account from a government website? Was that sufficient?

Please advise.

Thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I guess, but...what would it prove? There's no way to show that the calls were made/received in Canada, right?
If you get a detailed call log, I think they would show if calls were originated / received while the number was outside of Canada. At least if they had a plan that charged for international.

That said, I'd say it's still not the most useful.

SabyB

Mar 1, 2024
Hi All,
I have some doubts and hope to get answers here.
I am applying for online PR card renewal.
I traveled outside Canada once last year to India and from there to Dubai for 6 days vacation.
How am I supposed to mention that in the travel outside sheet:
Eg. My stay was from Nov 9, 2023, - Jan 20, 2024, and in between that went to Dubai in Dec 2023 for 6 days. Total 71 days.

If I mention that as two separate line items the calculation comes to 75 days. (which is incorrect)

Do I have to break up my travel as: ( figure out two options)
Option 1 :
  • Nov 9th, 2023 to Nov 30th 2023 - India
  • Dec 1 to Dec 6 to Dubai
  • Dec 6th to Jan 20th 2024 in India
Option 2:
Mention one duration: Nov 9, 2023 to 20th Jan 2024, and in the city and Country option mention Delhi/ India and Dubai.

Can anyone suggest the best option as per their experiences?

• Besides that, do I have to include these Dubai 6 vacation days in the Address history as well?

Sorry for the long message.

Thanks in advance!

warmth

Nov 30, 2018
Same I applied on 13th Feb, no updates I even had a planned vacation and waited till last minute and canceled ticket..

PR renewal
Applied on : 13th Feb
No AOR , No updates

Have you received any update? I applied mid February as well, still in process.

vrahulan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Hi All,
I have some doubts and hope to get answers here.
I am applying for online PR card renewal.
I traveled outside Canada once last year to India and from there to Dubai for 6 days vacation.
How am I supposed to mention that in the travel outside sheet:
Eg. My stay was from Nov 9, 2023, - Jan 20, 2024, and in between that went to Dubai in Dec 2023 for 6 days. Total 71 days.

If I mention that as two separate line items the calculation comes to 75 days. (which is incorrect)

Do I have to break up my travel as: ( figure out two options)
Option 1 :
  • Nov 9th, 2023 to Nov 30th 2023 - India
  • Dec 1 to Dec 6 to Dubai
  • Dec 6th to Jan 20th 2024 in India
Option 2:
Mention one duration: Nov 9, 2023 to 20th Jan 2024, and in the city and Country option mention Delhi/ India and Dubai.

Can anyone suggest the best option as per their experiences?

• Besides that, do I have to include these Dubai 6 vacation days in the Address history as well?

Sorry for the long message.

Thanks in advance!
I had a similar situation. I went with Option 2 as per the way you've put it. All that matters for CIC is the time outside Canada. As you are mentioned Dubai as one of the places, it should be fine

Reactions: SabyB

Khy.

Apr 29, 2024
Hello all, today marks the second week of my pr renewal. Still has no AOR from them and it’s making me anxious.

davn15

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Hi - My spouse and I are up for PR renewal.

1. I got my PR in late 2019 after the soft landing. However, due to covid and a few family reasons, we couldn't move here until beginning of 2022.
Between 2019 and 2022, I had to travel to a few places for family emergency and I was employed by a company outside Canada.

In the travel log, do I need to simply state that I was out from late 2019 to early 2022 in the country I held the employment or do I need to provide details of every place I traveled to in this time period?

2. Does my spouse need to apply for PR renewal from his separate account? When we got the PR my spouse was my dependant. I am not seeing an option to renew for both of us together.

Appreciate any help.
Thank you.
Davn

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
Hello all, today marks the second week of my pr renewal. Still has no AOR from them and it’s making me anxious.
When you're looking for an AOR, are you looking for a message in your account or an email confirmation? I never received any confirmation for my online renewal, but my card arrived just fine. I don't think that you get an AOR for this particular process...

Reactions: Khy.

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
Applied for my spouse:

Submission date: April 5, 2024
Inspection Status: Completed on April 18, 2024
Rejection reason: Back of photo missing, incomplete; date unknown, etc. Even though I ensured it was included, I also attached a separate document containing both the back of the photo and the receipt from the photo studio/UPS store where it was taken, just to be redundant.

For proof of residency, I attached 5 years of NOAs and 23 months of Child Care Benefit ‘Statement of Account’ from my spouse's CRA account. I called to inquire about the application number and if everything was in order. According to them, they have all the necessary documents and will contact if they need anything further, but obviously the agent on the phone don’t have the details of what was attached or required. Has anyone else attached benefit statement of account from a government website? Was that sufficient?

Please advise.

Thank you.
That's an insane amount of proof. I attached one NOA, and one bank statement from a different year than the NOA. They had no issues with that. You only need 2 pieces of evidence.. You don't have to show proof for every day you were in the country.. Its as simple as 2 pieces of evidence, that's it.

Khy.

Apr 29, 2024
When you're looking for an AOR, are you looking for a message in your account or an email confirmation? I never received any confirmation for my online renewal, but my card arrived just fine. I don't think that you get an AOR for this particular process...
Hi! How long did you wait for your card to arrived?

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
Hi! How long did you wait for your card to arrived?
23 days. I applied on April 3, and my card arrived on April 26.

nn8895

Jun 14, 2018
That's an insane amount of proof. I attached one NOA, and one bank statement from a different year than the NOA. They had no issues with that. You only need 2 pieces of evidence.. You don't have to show proof for every day you were in the country.. Its as simple as 2 pieces of evidence, that's it.

Appendix A: Residency obligation

[…]

Supporting documents showing that you meet the residency obligation
  • You must provide copies of 2 pieces of evidence that can show residency in Canada in the five (5) years immediately before the application, such as:
    • employment records or pay stubs;
    • bank statements;
    • Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Assessment for the five (5) years immediately before the application
    • evidence that you received benefits from Canadian government programs;
    • rental agreements;
    • club memberships;
    • or any other documents that prove you met your residency obligation.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Appendix A: Residency obligation

[…]

Supporting documents showing that you meet the residency obligation
  • You must provide copies of 2 pieces of evidence that can show residency in Canada in the five (5) years immediately before the application, such as:
    • employment records or pay stubs;
    • bank statements;
    • Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Assessment for the five (5) years immediately before the application
    • evidence that you received benefits from Canadian government programs;
    • rental agreements;
    • club memberships;
    • or any other documents that prove you met your residency obligation.
This specific piece of text has been discussed here before. It likely does NOT mean that you must provide NOA for all five years, although it is poorly written.
-Arguably the text itself does not say provide NOA for 'all' five years before - note it does not even say Notices (plural) of Assessment.
-And simple logic: it said this before as things you can submit (when they did not require) and they likely did not change the text.

But it is poorly written, at least in the sense of ambiguous.

Knowing government and government people: they would have had a long discussion at some point in committee about the plural issue. And once that text was agreed, avoiding re-opening the matter was the most efficient course (for them), anythign to not discuss again.

Last edited:

parpr2018

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Hi All,

I am in weird scenario:
Applied for myself and spouse through online portal under same account:
Application Date : 1-Apr-2024
Linked on IRCC:
Mine was able to link to old application on 5-Apr-2024
Spouse I could link of 8-Apr-2024
Inspect Mode:
Spouse - Completed - 15-Apr-2024
Mine - Completed - 16-Apr-2024 with rejection reason - Photos do not meet specification
IRCC Account Updates:
Mine - 18-Apr Status for old-card showed invalid as of 18-Apr-2024
Spouse - Still shows old information

Received PR card for myself on 23-Apr in mail.

For Spouse I am still waiting on the card even when inspect mode says 'Completed'.
When I called them they provided with 'XR' number and said that it is a temporary application number and I am still within the projected completion time.
Is something wrong with the application?
Mine was completed 1 day after my spouse, yet my new card was issued before and still no sign on my spouse.

Any guidance?