+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal: No updates at all from IRCC

P@ssw0rd1

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand your frustration but please avoid duplicate posting. Some people say its required, but some say it isn’t. At this time just stay put and wait for your AOR first. If they require it later on they will get in touch with you. But I remember it’s not part of the checklist so I’m assuming it is fine.
Thank you.

mdmalton

Sep 6, 2021
I am already in this thread

I am Permanent Resident of Canada applied for PR Card renewal after coming to Canada with PRTD Visa after living more than 5 years out side of Canada

Please advise my Permanent Residence visa is valid till Dec 2021 as I landed in Toronto in Feb 2021 with valid PRTD visa valid till Dec 2021 in passport.
What if I did not received my PR Card till Dec 2021, as IRCC is very busy.

Application Timeline

Application sent on 12/03/2021 delivered in IRCC on 19/03/2021
Application returned by IRCC dated on 25.05.2021 received by me on 17.06.2021, reason photographs and again signing of application as >90 days
Resend application on 24.06.2021

Please advise.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I am already in this thread

I am Permanent Resident of Canada applied for PR Card renewal after coming to Canada with PRTD Visa after living more than 5 years out side of Canada

Please advise my Permanent Residence visa is valid till Dec 2021 as I landed in Toronto in Feb 2021 with valid PRTD visa valid till Dec 2021 in passport.
What if I did not received my PR Card till Dec 2021, as IRCC is very busy.

Application Timeline

Application sent on 12/03/2021 delivered in IRCC on 19/03/2021
Application returned by IRCC dated on 25.05.2021 received by me on 17.06.2021, reason photographs and again signing of application as >90 days
Resend application on 24.06.2021

Please advise.
Nothing will happen. Your visa is technically a travel document, and you are still a PR at the moment. You don't need to have a valid PR card and/or a valid PRTD to remain in Canada - unless you are travelling, the rules are different compared to workers/students/visitors.

mdmalton

Sep 6, 2021
Nothing will happen. Your visa is technically a travel document, and you are still a PR at the moment. You don't need to have a valid PR card and/or a valid PRTD to remain in Canada - unless you are travelling, the rules are different compared to workers/students/visitors.
Thanks for your reply, as PR Card is taking long time due to IRCC must be very busy these days.
One question for my just knowledge.
Is it possible to go for citizenship process without renewing PR Card.

Please advice.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thanks for your reply, as PR Card is taking long time due to IRCC must be very busy these days.
One question for my just knowledge.
Is it possible to go for citizenship process without renewing PR Card.

Please advice.
Of course it is possible. But you need to make sure you have enough days in Canada to go for that process - at least 3 years in the past 5 years of physical presence.

mdmalton

Sep 6, 2021
Of course it is possible. But you need to make sure you have enough days in Canada to go for that process - at least 3 years in the past 5 years of physical presence.
Thanks for your response.
In continuation the above if I want to go for directly citizenship but my Indian passport expiring within 2 years.
Here two scenario
1 Will my passport renew in Canada without PR Card
OR
2 Can I go for Citizenship application process with my expired Indian Passport.

Your response will be appreciated.
Thanks

P@ssw0rd1

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand your frustration but please avoid duplicate posting. Some people say its required, but some say it isn’t. At this time just stay put and wait for your AOR first. If they require it later on they will get in touch with you. But I remember it’s not part of the checklist so I’m assuming it is fine.
Thank you BadGamer6.

Melicuba

Sep 6, 2022
Hi everyone. I applied for a PR renewal in Sept,12,2022 . Today is Jan 12th and i haven't gotten even an AOR. It does not appear in any ECAS or IRCC page. it says not found as if its not in any system. I don't know what to do. I called the iRCC but they keep asking for an application # that i don't have. ( i applied online) PLease help. i do not know what else to do.

Xxsaraxx

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hi everyone. I applied for a PR renewal in Sept,12,2022 . Today is Jan 12th and i haven't gotten even an AOR. It does not appear in any ECAS or IRCC page. it says not found as if its not in any system. I don't know what to do. I called the iRCC but they keep asking for an application # that i don't have. ( i applied online) PLease help. i do not know what else to do.
hi @Melicuba,

I am in same boat as you. I applied for PR card renewal on Sept 15th 2022 through a representative, I have not received any update till now. When I try to check online it says application not found something like that, I sent a webform - no reply either.
My representative said they process according to expiry date - my pr card expires may 24th 2023, so I’m hoping we hear back soon. When is your PR card expiring?
I also read people are getting their pr cards just mailed without any updates

Melicuba

Sep 6, 2022
hi @Melicuba,

I am in same boat as you. I applied for PR card renewal on Sept 15th 2022 through a representative, I have not received any update till now. When I try to check online it says application not found something like that, I sent a webform - no reply either.
My representative said they process according to expiry date - my pr card expires may 24th 2023, so I’m hoping we hear back soon. When is your PR card expiring?
I also read people are getting their pr cards just mailed without any updates
Hey, my card expired in Nov 2021 but since it was pandemic and i was not travelling I didn’t even bother to renew it. So I don’t think they are going by the expiry dates. Im not sure what to do.

Xxsaraxx

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hey, my card expired in Nov 2021 but since it was pandemic and i was not travelling I didn’t even bother to renew it. So I don’t think they are going by the expiry dates. Im not sure what to do.
Sorry to hear about that, I’m really worried too as I need to leave Canada for a long period of time and don’t know what to do

Melicuba

Sep 6, 2022
Sorry to hear about that, I’m really worried too as I need to leave Canada for a long period of time and don’t know what to do
Leaving is not a problem. Wherever you are going just apply online for a PRTD so you are able to come back. I did that in December 2022. I went away and applied for a PrTd to be able to come back. They gave me the travel document with multiple entries but only until December 2023.