+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

Ped1994

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Mine is even earlier than yours and I am still waiting for my card. here is my timeline.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 12, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 5, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on May 5, 2022.
Is this still in process?

gkca

Aug 9, 2022
IRCC website says current processing time of 66 days, did anyone receive the renewed card in 66 days?
I've heard they have backlog and even one of the printshop is not functional.
I Submitted PR renewal applications online via PR portal on June 28 for family of 3.
No AOR or any updates but received one of the PR card on Aug 3 and remaining two cards on Aug 9. PR portal still shows submitted.

Reactions: aanandac

aanandac

Jul 17, 2017
I Submitted PR renewal applications online via PR portal on June 28 for family of 3.
No AOR or any updates but received one of the PR card on Aug 3 and remaining two cards on Aug 9. PR portal still shows submitted.

Thanks for the confirmation, looks like there is no AOR then, they directly ship PR card.

I submitted on August 2nd, I think I could receive mine before October 10th. Fingers crossed

MGinfo

Feb 19, 2015
My timeline for PR Card Renewal:

1- I sent the application for my wife and myself inside the same package at the end of June.
2- Documents arrived at the Sydney NS office on July 5th according to the Canada Post Tracking.
3- My wife received her AoR and "Decision Made" on August 12th

I'm still waiting for my AoR even though my application was included in the same package and I'm not able to link my application yet, I was wondering if anyone had a similar situation of applying with a family member in the same package and having time in between AoR?

Thanks

Ahmad KH

Jul 17, 2019
Hello guys,
I am just wondering whether requesting new photos is mandatory since I got COPR Nov 2021 and landed July 2022?
My time line landed on July 09, 2022.
Until now no update on the PR card

rodik

Aug 25, 2014
Hi,
my daughter sent her application at the end of June 2022 in paper form through normal Canada Post (not courier) to the address indicated in the guide (Nova Scotia). She did everything as indicated in the guide and paid the fees. Her current PRCard expired at the end of July. (She landed 2017.)
Until now she didn't received any acknowledge that her application was received and is complete nor that the application is being processed. She didn't received anything from IRCC. Does somebody know how to proceed to know what is going on with her application (status)?

dalagangbukid

Jan 4, 2021
NEW PR or INITIAL PR CARD TIMELINE:

July 19:
Received an email asking for my personal details and with PDF - PR application has been approved (from IRCC PR PORTAL) And another email from my IRCC account with the new message (pre-arrival services thingy)

July 20: Received my PR Portal invitation or my log in details to sign to PR Portal.

July 21: I confirmed my current address and submitted my photo thru PR Portal.

July 25: Got my eCOPR.

August 16: I just got my PR card today!

Notes:
• My PR portal status (Photo) is still in review.
• I haven't received any update that my PR card was on process or that they already send it.
• I couldn't link my PR card application on my GCKEY account.

So for those who are waiting for their card, just be patient, regularly check on your accounts, emails, and send a webform for inquiries even though they always reply so late.

Good luck to all.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

MGinfo

Feb 19, 2015
Has anyone applied as a family for a PR Renewal, sent the applications on the same envelope but got the individual AoR's in different days/weeks?

Maha1981

Jan 25, 2011
Has anyone applied as a family for a PR Renewal, sent the applications on the same envelope but got the individual AoR's in different days/weeks?
I did, back in April. My wife got her AOR and PR card. I did not get AOR , month later i got my application returned for missing document.

dsuriyaraj

Jul 27, 2014
Need some help.

My PR card is expiring on April, 2023. I am planning to renew my PR card online via PR portal.

Do i need to send the photocopy of my current destroyed PR card ? or just a photocopy of my current PR card ? In the document checklist (Imm5644e), it just mentioned to send the copy. Just wanted to confirm on this.

pankajsoni

Star Member
Jan 8, 2019
Hi guys,
For people with their first landing in 2022,
1) How much time did it take to receive the card?
2) Was it delivered to your mail box? or you had to show some ID to the delivery person?

Thank you!