+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card Renewal (March, 2020) Delay due to Covid?

May 12, 2020
Hi all, I sent my application on March 25th. IRCC said they could not locate my application in their system because the records only shows applications received up to Feb 10, 2020. Anyone is in a similar situation? Anyone who recently applied PR card renewal and got it back already? Can my new employer refuse my contract if I do not have a valid PR card? Thanks for your help!

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Just checked the processing time on CIC website..Shocked to see the timeline now is "174 DAYS" , seems like there is a huge backlog of the applications , I believe it will take 6-8 months to get the situation back to normal...

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just checked the processing time on CIC website..Shocked to see the timeline now is "174 DAYS" , seems like there is a huge backlog of the applications , I believe it will take 6-8 months to get the situation back to normal...
Unfortunately same as commercial companies the government is not exempt from COVID staffing issues but at least they have taken a shot at putting a more realistic expectation out there versus the days quoted before.

Anybody who has a card expiring in next 9 months , the max in advance can apply ,should take the hint and apply now

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There has been no processing since March.

Allen0412

Jul 25, 2019
hi. can someone help me please, i just mailed my pr renewal documents last november 2019 to scotia. and it returned it to me last jjanuary 28 2020. it because of the the date i signed to my form is more thsn 90 days . so i just filled the form updated and mailed it back to scotia. why am i receive nothing update to them? how will i know the status of my application. even in my ecas there is no update of my renewal.???? Thankyou in advance ☺☺☺☺

ninongking

May 17, 2020
Hi, I am here in Philippines and lockdown for morethan 2 months now and my PR card was expired already last April 9, can i apply PRTD to any VAC office other than Philippines?
Hi, can someone answer my question, Pleasee.

Last edited:

balvinder

Mar 4, 2011
Hi all, I sent my application on March 25th. IRCC said they could not locate my application in their system because the records only shows applications received up to Feb 10, 2020. Anyone is in a similar situation? Anyone who recently applied PR card renewal and got it back already? Can my new employer refuse my contract if I do not have a valid PR card? Thanks for your help!
I submitted my application on 25 May 2020. No response from CIC so far.

leungoscar8

Aug 20, 2020

Hello, I also applied and sent the application on Mar 19, 2020. But I cannot find anything in the system yet. I have asked them by Web Form. They said that they are processing application before Feb 10, 2020. Do you see anything in system yet?

missanicks

Jul 24, 2020
Hello, I also applied and sent the application on Mar 19, 2020. But I cannot find anything in the system yet. I have asked them by Web Form. They said that they are processing application before Feb 10, 2020. Do you see anything in system yet?
You won't be able to find anything in the system until they start processing your application. We sent my husband's application March 13th (arrived March 20th) and got AOR on August 18th, which is when we could see it in the system. You are probably a week or two behind us.

leungoscar8

Aug 20, 2020
Thanks for reply. I actually dropped it in Canada Post on Mar 14, 2020, then it has been reached to their Mail Room on Mar 19, 2020.
I just checked, there has nothing in the system yet.
Are you using the Client ID (XXXX-XXXX) to check?

missanicks

Jul 24, 2020
Thanks for reply. I actually dropped it in Canada Post on Mar 14, 2020, then it has been reached to their Mail Room on Mar 19, 2020.
I just checked, there has nothing in the system yet.
Are you using the Client ID (XXXX-XXXX) to check?
You haven’t received AOR via email yet? Yes, we used his UCI to search the application status which is where we saw Decision Made and then Complete. My husbands renewal was extremely straight forward, minimal travel only for vacations, so I’m not sure if yours could be a little more complex and therefore taking longer?

k1a2t

Apr 15, 2020
You won't be able to find anything in the system until they start processing your application. We sent my husband's application March 13th (arrived March 20th) and got AOR on August 18th, which is when we could see it in the system. You are probably a week or two behind us.
[/QUOTE

Thanks for the great info! I sent my application in July I guess I have to wait a few more months to see something in the system.

leungoscar8

Aug 20, 2020
You haven’t received AOR via email yet? Yes, we used his UCI to search the application status which is where we saw Decision Made and then Complete. My husbands renewal was extremely straight forward, minimal travel only for vacations, so I’m not sure if yours could be a little more complex and therefore taking longer?

Yes, I have not received the AOR until today. It was sent by email? Your decision is made in the same date (Aug 18, 2020)? Many thanks for your experience sharing!

missanicks

Jul 24, 2020
Yes, I have not received the AOR until today. It was sent by email? Your decision is made in the same date (Aug 18, 2020)? Many thanks for your experience sharing!
Yes, AOR was sent by email. It looks like they started processing and made the decision the same day for ours (straight forward application).