+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal delays -child

harmonika

Jun 26, 2017
Hi
We applied for 1 adult ( parent) 1 child PR card Renewal in July 2022 - Application was sent in 1 envelope and acknowledgment email came for both applications.

1 adult PR card cane in 5 weeks but child PR card is showin “ in process” till January 2023

is there a way we can follow up .. tried the 1800 number but it is an automated system - can’t reach any representative on phone .

did anyone experience anything similar and any ideas how we can get this expedited please

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Has you child been living in Canada and met the RO? Did you include proof that they were living in Canada during that time from school enrolment to doctors appointment records?

harmonika

Jun 26, 2017
Thanks for your note . Yes we provided school record and health card also .
Would you know if there is a way to contact IRCC to understand why there are delays and can we support the application anyways with additional documents

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your note . Yes we provided school record and health card also .
Would you know if there is a way to contact IRCC to understand why there are delays and can we support the application anyways with additional documents
No easy way to find out what is holding up the application. Health card doesn’t prove that someone was in Canada but school records should. If you don’t get it by mid February would contact your MP to see if they can find out whether there is an issue.

hiteshkumar1986

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
singapore
NOC Code......
Do you know whether anyone has renewed their online Kid PR application?

Would the online form be the same for both adults and children?

Should I make different profiles for my child and adult users, or may they share the same login profile?

Mykim7

Jun 3, 2016
Hello everyone,

Hope you guys are all well.

I have a question for applying a citizenship from PR. I am wondering what to do if your citizenship application has not been determined until your current PR validation date. Is it just implied status and wait for their decision?

Or should you also need to renew PR card while you are waiting for the citizenship application is approved?

Please kindly advice if you have ever experenced that.

And I do think think CIC updated the system that you can apply citizenship together with your child online, right?

Thank you guys~

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Your PR status does not expire, only your card. If you don't need to travel, you basically don't need the card.

So probably makes sense to apply to renew card - either to allow you to travel or just in case of emergency (eg travel home). But not required, while you are in Canada, you are a PR - period.

Last I heard joint citizenship app with children still has to be done on paper.